[comp.sys.amiga] TIFF-IFF conversion programs

plw@sgfb.ssd.ray.com (Paul L. White) (08/24/90)

I have access to a scanner that stores images in TIFF.  I understand
that this is one of the Apple computer formats.  I have tried to use
the MacView PD program to translate these images for use on my Amiga,
but to no avail.

Use of this scanner would allow me to do some nifty things.  Can
someone recommend a PD program that can perform the TIFF-IFF translation?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
plw@rayssdb

arc@desire.wright.edu (08/26/90)

In article <220@sgfb.ssd.ray.com>, plw@sgfb.ssd.ray.com (Paul L. White) writes:
> I have access to a scanner that stores images in TIFF.  I understand
> that this is one of the Apple computer formats.  I have tried to use
> the MacView PD program to translate these images for use on my Amiga,
> but to no avail.
>
> Use of this scanner would allow me to do some nifty things.  Can
> someone recommend a PD program that can perform the TIFF-IFF translation?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Paul
> plw@rayssdb

  There is a TIFF2IFF converter on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov in the
usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume/util dir.  Does a VERY nice job.  Good
work...  I hope people make a lot more of those