[comp.sys.amiga] Shadow of the BEast II

ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) (08/21/90)

Just received Shadow of the Beast II in today, looks pretty good.  The
opening is interesting (more action than the last one), and the game
play looks to be improved (instead of kill everything, you now
have to interact with other characters).  This one also includes
a T-shirt, the design is again by Roger Dean, but I liked the first
one better.

So for all you Beast fans out there, this looks like a very
good sequel as far as games go.

George

--
UUCP:  ucqais.uc.edu!ggibeau  BBS: (513) 721-7977  GT NODE: 006/005
US Snail-Dept of Biology ML 06, University of Cincinnati, Ohio 45221

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (08/23/90)

In article <2452@ucqais.uc.edu>, ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (AMOEBOID) writes:

> Just received Shadow of the Beast II in today, looks pretty good.  The
> opening is interesting (more action than the last one), and the game
> play looks to be improved (instead of kill everything, you now
> have to interact with other characters).  This one also includes
> a T-shirt, the design is again by Roger Dean, but I liked the first
> one better.
>
> So for all you Beast fans out there, this looks like a very
> good sequel as far as games go.
>
> George

     But the all important question, can you save game on the fly
instead of restarting the damn thing at every death?

-Steve M. Suhy-

dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) (08/24/90)

|>So for all you Beast fans out there, this looks like a very
|> good sequel as far as games go.
|>
|> George
|>
|     But the all important question, can you save game on the fly
|instead of restarting the damn thing at every death?

|-Steve M. Suhy-

	Even more importantly- will the @#$%! thing run on an 030?  I saw
the first one and liked it, but it won't run on my machine!

Dennis Francis Heffernan	|  "Remember the words of your teacher,
dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com	|   your master: Evil moves fast, but
...uunet!tronsbox!dfrancis	|   Good moves faster!"
Original text (c) 1990  	|   --Partners in Kryme, T-U-R-T-L-E Power!

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (08/24/90)

Too bad Shadow of the Beast II is NOT A3000 compatible, the opening anim runs
but the game breaks up soon after paly starts, and crashes.

It seems to work on A2500's though, chip RAM timing must screw it up :-(

-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (08/24/90)

Seems to run on some 030 machines, but not the 3000

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (08/24/90)

In article <26d463a6-287a.2comp.sys.amiga-1@tronsbox.xei.com> dfrancis@tronsbox.xei.com (Dennis Francis Heffernan) writes:
>|>So for all you Beast fans out there, this looks like a very
>|> good sequel as far as games go.
>|>
>|     But the all important question, can you save game on the fly
>|instead of restarting the damn thing at every death?
>	Even more importantly- will the @#$%! thing run on an 030?  I saw
>the first one and liked it, but it won't run on my machine!

Hey, it wouldn't even run on my a1000! What's the scoop? Are they still
using a custom loader for Beast II? If so, I expect it will continue to
run on a subset of Amigas.

Luckily, I bought the Beast at a local dealer who took it back when I
assured him it wouldn't run. Sure didn't help me when I had to explain
to my son though. (It was his birthday present)

Kent Polk - Southwest Research Institute - kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
         "Life's too short to have to do this on a PC"

cbownds@pro-party.cts.com (Clayton Bownds) (08/28/90)

Beast II won't run on an A3000 thats for sure. The intro will run fine, but
once the game starts the screen starts fragmenting... then Poof! Guru (oops, I
forgot A3000 don't guru :') )
Whats this rumor I've heard about a demo mode... does it exist?