[comp.sys.amiga] emacs with arexx?

dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (08/29/90)

In article <6806@milton.u.washington.edu> dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:

>Does anyone know of a version of emacs with an arexx port?
>Where can I get the beast?
>
>I kind of like the emacs that comes with AmigaDOS, but when they upgraded
>stuff for 2.0 they don't seem to have worried about putting an arexx port
>on it.  I looked at dme, but in spite of the things I really like about it
>(i.e. autodoc lookup) it just doesn't seem to 'fit.'  Manx's 'z' doesn't
>fit the bill either.  I've tried another emacs or two, but don't remember
>whether they have arexx.  I do remember not-good mouse support and funny
>colors and keybindings which were unfamiliar (though I can probably force
>myself to make bindings which look like AmigaDos's or to learn new bindings).
>
>In short, why didn't memacs for 2.0 add an arexx port!?!
>--

As usual, I can look at something for days but can't figure it out 'til I
post a question to the net.  Sometimes I have to wait for someone to reply,
but sometimes (like this time) I figure it out myself 5 minutes after
posting.

memacs 1.4 which comes with 2.0 has an (APPARENTLY UNDOCUMENTED!)
Arexx port, CON_EMACS.  Any hints and tips on it's use (especially on
where I missed the documentation for it and for a Manx QuickFix script)
would be appreciated.

--
	There are two ways to improve on human factors in computing:
 to make the programmers less stupid and/or to make the users less stupid.