[comp.sys.amiga] Wanted: Postscript to Pagestream file converter

chris@tharr.UUCP (Chris Allen) (08/22/90)

I am looking for a program that will read a postscript file
and write it out in a format that can be loaded by "Pagestream"
- possibly IFF?

If anybody has heard of such a program I would be most glad to
hear from you!

chris.

--
         chris@tharr.uucp  ..!ukc!axion!tharr!chris
  Disclaimer: The views expressed above are those of my employer..

    <-- tharr public access to Usenet in the UK 0234 261804 -->

blatter@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Blatter) (08/22/90)

In article <914@tharr.UUCP> chris@tharr.UUCP (Chris Allen) writes:

>I am looking for a program that will read a postscript file
>and write it out in a format that can be loaded by "Pagestream"
>- possibly IFF?

PageStream can import PostScript files directly. Be sure to have the
EPS.Import driver in your PSDrivers directory. Choose "Project-Import-
Graphics" in the program and select the file to import. Refer to the
"PostScript" section of your manual.

Of course, PageStream cannot interpret an EPS file so you aren't
able to actually see how the file looks (It just displays a rectangle
corresponding to the size of the Postcript file's bounding box).

If you rely on output to non-postscript printers, get a PostScript
Interpreter like the commercial "PixelScript" or the excellent
freely distributable "Post 1.1" (available on several ftp sites
like the "new xanth").

>         chris@tharr.uucp  ..!ukc!axion!tharr!chris

Martin A. Blatter       blatter@ifi.unizh.ch (University of Zurich)
                        cbmehq!cbmswi!zethos!blatter@cbmvax.commodore.com
                        "There's a light where the darkness ends" (Taupin)

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (08/23/90)

Re: Program to allow PageStream to read PostScript file.

Try PageStream.  It is supposed to read Encapsulated PostScript files and print
them out.  It won't show you the contents or let you edit them however.
I think PageStream 2.0 has, or will have, the ability to view the EPS preview
picture for PC EPS files.

--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
"What I want to know is, have  | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (08/29/90)

In article <360@epicb.com>, jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) writes:
> Re: Program to allow PageStream to read PostScript file.
>
> Try PageStream.  It is supposed to read Encapsulated PostScript files and print
> them out.  It won't show you the contents or let you edit them however.
> I think PageStream 2.0 has, or will have, the ability to view the EPS preview
> picture for PC EPS files.
>
> --
> Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
> "What I want to know is, have  | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and
>  you ever seen Claude Rains?"  |  \X/ balances /_\   |   /_\  |  Mass Sarcasm."

What's the difference? How can I "encapsulate" real postscript.

Regards Alan

ps: The HP-GL -> Postscript converter works fine and I can post if desired.