[comp.sys.amiga] StarDrive SCSIDirect

a217@mindlink.UUCP (Vincent Lim) (08/16/90)

> In article <4459@tmiuv0.uucp>, rick@tmiuv0.uucp (Rick Stevens) writes:
> I think the TrumpCard supports SCSIDirect as does the MicroBotics StarDrive.

The StarDrive supports SCSIDirect?!  Does this apply to all StarDrives (I have
a 1000 StarBoard/StarDrive) or just the 500 version or does this depend on the
version of the StarDrive.device you have?  Are programming docs available from
Microbotics which might explain how to access the StarDrive.device?  It seems
there's still life in the old girl yet.
--
  //\migaTrek: The First Generation, Captain of CBM-A1000 "Advantage"
\X/incent Lim, Librarian for Pacific Northwest Amiga Association

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (08/20/90)

In article <2840@mindlink.UUCP>, a217@mindlink.UUCP (Vincent Lim) writes:
>> In article <4459@tmiuv0.uucp>, rick@tmiuv0.uucp (Rick Stevens) writes:
>> I think the TrumpCard supports SCSIDirect as does the MicroBotics StarDrive.
>
> The StarDrive supports SCSIDirect?!

OOPS!  Since I started this, it's my fault.  StarDrive does not _yet_ support
SCSIDirect commands.  This capability is planned but not available yet.  It
is a change to the driver software and firmware.  The hardware will support
it, but it's not in the driver yet.  I just talked to MicroBotics about it,
and that's what they told me.

I'm sorry if I caused consternation.  I do some work for MicroBotics, and I'm
kinda like their spokesman here on Usenet (and CompuServe).  My information
was faulty and I appologize.  As soon as this capability exists, I will post
a message here to that effect.  Until then, please accept my abject appologies
concerning this.

I will now flog myself with 20 lbs. of wet linguini.

[- O] Rick Stevens, Technology Marketing Incorporated
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction."

a217@mindlink.UUCP (Vincent Lim) (08/21/90)

In article <4613@tmiuv0.uucp>, rick@tmiuv0.uucp (Rick Stevens) writes:
> [Profuse apology for misleading us about SCSIDirect availability on the
> MicroBotics StarDrive (ie. it isn't, yet) deleted]

Your apology is accepted.  Could you videotape your flogging with wet linguini
and sent it to me.  ;-) ;-)

(Followups to alt.sex.bondage.italian.pasta, please)
--
  //\migaTrek: The First Generation, Captain of CBM-A1000 "Advantage"
\X/incent Lim, Librarian for Pacific Northwest Amiga Association
Smart: a217@mindlink.uucp | Dumb: uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!a217
"It isn't pre-marital sex if you don't get married"

jea@prodigal.psych.rochester.edu (Joanne Albano) (08/22/90)

I cannot seem to mount my hard drive using the Stardrive device
(A1000) under 2.01. Am I missing something simple or do I need
a driver upgrade. I have v. 1.12.

My mountlist was modified to DosType=0x444F5301 and the disk partition
was formatted for FFS under 1.3. I get no error message when I type
mount DH1: but then I cannot access it with info or dir. When I try
to mount DH1: again-- it says that its already mounted.

Thanks for any help, Joanne
.

Dickson@system-m.phx.bull.com (Paul Dickson) (08/30/90)

Under 2.0, the FFS is in KS and not on disk.  Be sure to change the
"l:FastFileSystem" entry to "FastFileSystem".  I think there is one
other gotcha, but I can't remember what it is.

The version of the StarDrive is 1.13, but I'm not sure of this either.

Maybe these comments will jog someone else's memory.

          Paul Dickson

Dickson @ System-M.Phx.Bull.COM