[comp.sys.amiga] Plotter devices

bbs00068@uafcseg.uucp (Joel Kolstad) (08/28/90)

I really ought to have saved the message... but... I didn't.  Awhile back,
someone said that they had written a plotter device driver for the Amiga,
that took in HPGL and feed it to a preferences supported printer.  The
device name for this thing was plot:.  Could
somebody please direct me to this piece of work?  Thanks!

						---Joel Kolstad
						kolstad@cae.wisc.edu

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (08/30/90)

In article <5162@uafhp.uark.edu>, bbs00068@uafcseg.uucp (Joel Kolstad) writes:
> I really ought to have saved the message... but... I didn't.  Awhile back,
> someone said that they had written a plotter device driver for the Amiga,
> that took in HPGL and feed it to a preferences supported printer.  The
> device name for this thing was plot:.  Could
> somebody please direct me to this piece of work?  Thanks!
>
> 						---Joel Kolstad
> 						kolstad@cae.wisc.edu

This excellent utility is called PLT: and was written by Jim Miller and
Rich Champeaux. It acts as a device, and can be opened and written to,
or have files copied to it. It outputs on any workbench supported printer
at a resolution which may be selected in perferences. In the highest
setting (7), it prints at the maximum resolution of the printer which for
a 9 pin is something like 240x212 per square inch. Beautiful to behold.
It is on the Fish Disks on disk 333 and a fairly old upgrade will be included
on a new disk within a few weeks (Fred?). They are included in the Multiplot
package, as Multiplot uses the PLT: device to handle all printed output. I
understand Jim and Rich are planning some sensational improvements some
time over this Summer.

Regards Alan