[comp.sys.amiga] 2.0 Fkey?

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (08/30/90)

I could swear that I used to have the program Fkey on my 3000's hd, but now
I can't find it in the Utilities drawer (or anywhere else).  I looked
on the two 2.0 distribution disks I have, and can't find it on them either.
Did I figure out how to do something really weird to lose it from the hd
and two distribution disks, or is Fkey not in the utilities drawer with
the release?
--
	There are two ways to improve on human factors in computing:
 to make the programmers less stupid and/or to make the users less stupid.

ewout@topcat.cbm.commodore.com (Ewout Walraven - CATS) (08/30/90)

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:

>I could swear that I used to have the program Fkey on my 3000's hd, but now
>I can't find it in the Utilities drawer (or anywhere else).  I looked
>on the two 2.0 distribution disks I have, and can't find it on them either.
>Did I figure out how to do something really weird to lose it from the hd
>and two distribution disks, or is Fkey not in the utilities drawer with
>the release?
>--

You didn't do anything weird; it's not supplied on the release disks.

>	There are two ways to improve on human factors in computing:
> to make the programmers less stupid and/or to make the users less stupid.
>		Both are necessary, but neither is likely.
>     -Dale Larson, Digital Teddy Bear (dlarson@blake.acs.washington.edu)

ec.

navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU (David C. Navas) (08/31/90)

In article <6834@milton.u.washington.edu> dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:
>I could swear that I used to have the program Fkey on my 3000's hd, but now
>I can't find it in the Utilities drawer (or anywhere else).  I looked

The one I miss from 2.0 is rad:.  While it exists in the mountfile, it's
device driver is missing, and using the 1.3.2 one gives a "missing filesystem"
message, so something is peculiar.  Regardless they have included the RemRad
command in the C: directory.  So, in summary, RAMB0 is not installable, only
removable.  Humorous at best, a darn shame though because that's the best way
I can think of to making floppy distribution sets...

						-Dave
David Navas                                   navas@sim.berkeley.edu
"Excuse my ignorance, but I've been run over by my train of thought."  -me

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (08/31/90)

In article <27316@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU> navas@cory.Berkeley.EDU writes:

>In article <6834@milton.u.washington.edu> dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:
>The one I miss from 2.0 is rad:.  While it exists in the mountfile, it's
>device driver is missing, and using the 1.3.2 one gives a "missing filesystem"

ramdrive.device is currently in rom.  Make sure you are not specifying
L:fastfilesystem or devs:ramdrive.device, as both are in rom
at this time.

			andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"Usenet: A method for college students to demonstrate job qualifications
 and suitability to potential employers."