[comp.sys.amiga] MyMenu

golden@cps3xx.UUCP (golden james) (05/10/89)

In article <1669@ucqais.uc.edu> ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (George Gibeau) writes:
>HandyIcons - A great program that will generate a pull-down menu on
>the workbench screen from which you can launch you most used
>programs.

Was a nice program, but unfortunatly does not work with 1.3 ROMs.  Check
out the program MyMenu - which works nearly identically - except it also
lets you have multiple menus/submenus, and you can run CLI based
programs.  BTW, it lets you select colors and Keyboard equivalents too.

 Mike Golden
 Physiology Undergraduate
 Michigan State University

?) Seaman) (05/13/89)

In article <2916@cps3xx.UUCP>, golden@cps3xx.UUCP (golden james) writes:
-> In article <1669@ucqais.uc.edu> ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (George Gibeau) writes:
-> >HandyIcons - A great program that will generate a pull-down menu on
-> >the workbench screen from which you can launch you most used
-> >programs.
->
-> Was a nice program, but unfortunatly does not work with 1.3 ROMs.  Check
-> out the program MyMenu ...
->
->  Mike Golden

I just downloaded MyMenu, so I can't speak to its features yet :-), but I
can correct a minor error in the previous posting.  There Is a new version
of HandyIcons out there that works just PEACHY under 1.3 ROM based Kickstart.

I think everyone could benefit from using EITHER of these fine programs.

--
Chris (Insert phrase here) Seaman |   o\  /o                See
crs@cpsc6a.att.com <or>           |     ||     "Attack of the Killer Smiley"!

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (05/15/89)

In article <529@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com> crs@cpsc6b.cpsc6a.att.com (Chris (Is it Friday yet?!?!?) Seaman) writes:

> -> >HandyIcons - A great program....
> I just downloaded MyMenu....
> I think everyone could benefit from using EITHER of these fine
> programs.

By using MyMenu to launch ARexx/RexxArpLib scripts, you can invoke
almost any Amiga program from the menu bar, with options set via
Intuition requesters.  Nice.

The only problem I have found is that MyMenu crashes occasionally when
used in conjunction with the full ARP 1.3 distribution.  Switching
back to the AmigaDOS versions of "Execute", "Run", etc. seems to fix
this problem.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.

arc@desire.wright.edu (08/31/90)

  I have used MyMenu often from one of the Fred Fish, and it's a nice program,
but it is not very reliable, to say the least.  It's a VERY useful program, and
I think there would be a newer version of it or maybe someone else wrote a
better one?  Anyone have any ideas?
=    ///           | Jim Perry                 | Arc@Desire.Wright.edu =
=   /// Amiga!     | ^Communications Consultant|         -or-          =
= \XX/ The One     | Arc Electronics, Inc.     |    Arc@WSU.BITNET     =
= ____& Only...    | Wright State University   |"Ouch! Quit-it." - Bart=
=                  | Dayton, Ohio              |  Frank Sinatra Rules  =