[comp.sys.amiga] postscript drivers

kvs@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Kathryn Van Stone) (10/25/88)

Does anyone have any information on Postscript drivers for the printer?
In particular, the ability to make Postscript files, since my access to
postscript printers is through this account.

Also, does anyone have info on Postscript drivers for WordPerfect.

Apologies if this has been asked a lot.

Please E-mail any replies; I'm afraid I do not have time to read this
newsgroup.

				Thanks a bunch,

					-kvs

Arpanet: kvs@cs.cmu.edu or Kathryn.Van.Stone@cs.cmu.edu

--
Kathryn Van Stone
kvs@cs.cmu.edu

sdl@linus.UUCP (Steven D. Litvintchouk) (11/02/88)

In article <1003@majestix.liu.se> mikhe@majestix.liu.se (Mike Henry) writes:

>     What I'd like to know is:
>
>     Does there exist any software for the Amiga (other than a regular
>     text editor) like drawing programs and so on,
>     that produces postscript ???

Professional Draw (Gold Disk) is a structured drawing program that
produces PostScript.  Don't know if it's shipping yet.

Wordprocessors that produce PostScript include:  Excellence (MSS), and
ProWrite with ProScript (New Horizons).

Desktop publishing programs that produce PostScript include:  City
Desk (??), Professional Page (Gold Disk), probably others as well.

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation
Burlington Road
Bedford, MA  01730

Fone:  (617)271-7753
ARPA:  sdl@mitre-bedford.arpa
UUCP:  ...{cbosgd,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,mit-eddie,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Those who will be able to conquer software will be able to
	 conquer the world."  -- Tadahiro Sekimoto, president, NEC Corp.

jross@pilot.njin.net (Jeff Ross) (05/09/90)

I was just given a quem script 10 laser printer, acctually, I'll have
it in a few days.  anyway, what I would like to know,

	1) it supports postscript, and will emulate a laserjet series 2
	   do I wan't to use it as postscript or not.

	2) are there any drivers available for postscript?

	3) the printer has a serial port, parallel port and a
	   appletalk port (yuck)  anyway, the printer will accept
	   poscript though any port, but if you use the parralell port
	   any status messages are sent back via the serial line, so
	   will I be able to use the parrell port? or do I have to
	   use the serial port to communicate with it properly?

thanks....

				Jeff
--
Just plain and simple....
arpa:  jross@pilot.njin.net

wizard@sosaria.imp.com (Chris Brand) (08/24/90)

This postscript driver that can be used like a normal workbench printer
driver - does it support the QMS PS 810 properly?

More, does anybody have a postscript driver for WordPerfect that supports
the QMS PS 810? I got a ps driver from the local WP office, but that didn't
work very well, all the extended characters like vd| don't work. It also
seems do have its difficulties with tabs. They told me that a specific
driver for the QMS PS 810 doesn't exist....is that true?

--
------------------------------------
Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.imp.com

rosenber@ra.abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg INF) (08/31/90)

>This postscript driver that can be used like a normal workbench printer
>driver - does it support the QMS PS 810 properly?
>More, does anybody have a postscript driver for WordPerfect that supports
>the QMS PS 810? I got a ps driver from the local WP office, but that didn't
>work very well, all the extended characters like vd| don't work. It also
>seems do have its difficulties with tabs. They told me that a specific
>driver for the QMS PS 810 doesn't exist....is that true?

PostDriver works with any Adobe PostScript printer. However older
postscript printers do not have all the ISOLatin-1 (the Amiga
character set) characters and therefore cannot print these characters.

There should be no need for a QMS PS 810 specific driver. Have you
tried WP with other postscript printers?

Robin Rosenberg