[comp.sys.amiga] PostDriver postscript printer driver

a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (08/29/90)

lindwall@beowulf.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) writes:
>  There is a utility supplied with AmigaDOS called CMD (by Carolyn Scheppner
> of CATS -- is she still around?) which can be used to redirect output
> from your printer to a file.  It is not the printer driver's job to dump
> it's output to a file -- but with CMD any printer output can be sent to a
> file.

Except when the printer output is coming from the Bridgeboard/Sidecar side via
"LPT"...It either crashes or doesn't run, depending on which order you start
them up.

pab@po.CWRU.Edu (Pete Babic) (08/30/90)

I need to make postscript disk files from my printed documents. Does
anyone know if the PostDriver software can make a disk file instead
of just sending the output to the printer? If not will something else
do the job?

Thanks in advance
--
Pete Babic  -  pab@po.cwru.edu    |  I'm not totally useless -
Integrated Library Systems        |  I can always serve as

lindwall@beowulf.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (08/30/90)

In article <1990Aug29.183249.8814@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> pab@po.CWRU.Edu (Pete Babic) writes:

>I need to make postscript disk files from my printed documents. Does
>anyone know if the PostDriver software can make a disk file instead
>of just sending the output to the printer? If not will something else
>do the job?

There is a utility supplied with AmigaDOS called CMD (by Carolyn Scheppner
of CATS -- is she still around?) which can be used to redirect output
from your printer to a file.  It is not the printer driver's job to dump
it's output to a file -- but with CMD any printer output can be sent to a
file.  Hope this helps

John

PS. I'm not sure if AmigaDOS 1.2 came with CMD -- 1.3 does though.

--
John Lindwall			lindwall@ucsd.edu
"Oh look at me! I'm all flooby! I'll be a son of a gun!" -- Flaming Carrot

rosenber@ra.abo.fi (Robin Rosenberg INF) (08/31/90)

>I need to make postscript disk files from my printed documents. Does
>anyone know if the PostDriver software can make a disk file instead
>of just sending the output to the printer? If not will something else
>do the job?

You can set an output file name using the supplied preferences program
or the old-style way using CMD. Either way will do.

Robin Rosenberg