[comp.sys.amiga] 512K FastRam 3000

hclausen@adspdk.CBMNET (Henrik Clausen) (09/01/90)

>In article <1990Aug31.211212.2725@uncecs.edu> urjlew@uncecs.edu (Rostyk Lewyckyj) writes:
>Also the A3000 is one of those that has a 50 Meg hard disk. (Again
>praises to C= for their generosity). It comes with two partitions
>5 megMEGeg. for SYS: and 41 Meg for WORK: But where are the remaining 5
>or so Megs??

   The System_1.3: partition. At power on, hold down both mouse buttons to
get the Kickstart menu. If you boot 1.3, the system partition will be the
remaining disk space.

   Use the HDToolbox to see this, but careful, don't alter it without a backup
of the disk!

   Seems the C= folks are outsmarting you :-)

   With regards to Fast ram usage, the disk buffers can take quite a lot, and
each floppy eats about 25K. Try disabling the Startup-Sequence (another double-
mouse boot menu), to check what the S-S eats. The rest is library bases, system
stacks (there's quite a few tasks in there), disk buffers, and probably something
I forgot.

                                          -Henrik

PS Redirected this from comp.sys.amiga.tech - seems common stuff to me.

--
|            Henrik Clausen, Graffiti Data (Fido: 2:230/22.33)           |
|           ...{pyramid|rutgers}!cbmvax!cbmehq!adspdk!hclausen           |