[comp.sys.amiga] Joining Anims

armhold@porthos.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) (09/02/90)

Is there a program available that will join 2 anims together from
disk?

Thanks,
-George

--
armhold@porthos.rutgers.edu

schur@isi.edu (Sean Schur) (09/02/90)

In article <Sep.1.15.37.23.1990.9528@porthos.rutgers.edu> armhold@porthos.rutgers.edu (George Armhold) writes:

>Is there a program available that will join 2 anims together from
>disk?
>
>Thanks,
>-George

That depends on exactly what you want to do, your posting isn't quite clear.
If you have two anims that are too big to put on one floppy, so you want to
load them into ram: together to play them, you can use a program such as
ShowAnim. This is a Public Domain program that can load together as many anims
as your memory can hold. However, you have to be sure to include a two frame
overlap for double buffering between the two anims.

If you simply want to join two anims together, to save on disk there are
several options. I believe The Director: Toolkit has a module for this. There
is also a pair of small programs that come with Sculpt-4D called "split" and
"join" specifically for splitting and joining back together large anims.
I don't know if they are PD or not I can check for you.

Another great option, if you want to go commercial, is ANIMagic. It is a
very flexible program for manipulating all sorts of anims in all sorts of
ways. Hope this helps.

Sean Schur		       \   \  /      /
USENET: schur@isi.edu		 \  /a\mpyr/
Compuserve: 70731,1102		  \/   \  / ideo
Plink: OSS259				\/