[comp.sys.amiga] new A2088T Bridgeboard

vlsi4@erato.cs.kun.nl (Freddy Aries) (08/23/90)

 Has anybody got any details about the new official Bridgeboard A2088T
from Commodore (made in Braunschweig, Germany). What I've heard of it
sounds great: NEC V20 processor (4,77/ 7,15/ 9,54 MHz), 640K on board,
speaker (Piezo-peeper) on board, MS-DOS 4.01, and the best of all:
The internal Amiga-drive can be used by the A2088T as fully MS-DOS-
compatible diskdrive (multiplexed, like with programs as MSH).

What is unclear to me is the following: is it possible to have multiple
multiplexed drives (say df0: (3.5 ") and df1: (5.25 "), both internal),
or can only one drive be used this way?
Furthermore, will it be possible to 'update' from the old A2088 to the
new A2088T?? (I mean, will Commodore make it possible for people who own
the A2088 to trade it in, for a reasonable price, against the new board??)

                                 Freddy Aries

FAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFA
A      									   F
F            Freddy Aries        					   A
A            Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science 		   F
F            University of Nijmegen, the Netherlands       		   A
A     Email: vlsi4@erato.cs.kun.nl					   F
F								       	   A
AFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAF

vlsi4@erato.cs.kun.nl (Freddy Aries) writes:

> Has anybody got any details about the new official Bridgeboard A2088T
>from Commodore (made in Braunschweig, Germany). What I've heard of it
>sounds great: NEC V20 processor (4,77/ 7,15/ 9,54 MHz), 640K on board,
>speaker (Piezo-peeper) on board, MS-DOS 4.01, and the best of all:
>The internal Amiga-drive can be used by the A2088T as fully MS-DOS-
>compatible diskdrive (multiplexed, like with programs as MSH).

Did you hear whether it is compatible with the Amiga 3000? and does
it support anything better than CGA graphics? It would be nice to have
built in VGA, even if they would have to have a separate monitor port for
it on the board. This is especially needed for use in the 3000, where you
only have 2 IBM compatible slots and the bridgeboard takes up one of them.
If you use the other one for a VGA board then you have no more open IBM
slots for any other uses.

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,

vlsi4@erato.cs.kun.nl (Freddy Aries) (08/28/90)

sparks@corpane.UUCP (John Sparks) writes:

>vlsi4@erato.cs.kun.nl (Freddy Aries) writes:

>> Has anybody got any details about the new official Bridgeboard A2088T
[stuff deleted]

>Did you hear whether it is compatible with the Amiga 3000? and does
>it support anything better than CGA graphics? It would be nice to have
>built in VGA, even if they would have to have a separate monitor port for
>it on the board. This is especially needed for use in the 3000, where you
>only have 2 IBM compatible slots and the bridgeboard takes up one of them.
>If you use the other one for a VGA board then you have no more open IBM
>slots for any other uses.

I don't know if it supports the Amiga 3000 (as it is as new as the 3000, I
should think it would), but it certainly does not (by default) support
anything else on graphic modes than the A2088. (ie. MDA and CGA :-().
This means you would still require the extra slot for the VGA board,
but the positive thing is you don't need the extra slot for a 128K RAM
expansion anymore.

jrichard@hawk.ulowell.edu (John Richardson) (08/30/90)

>>The internal Amiga-drive can be used by the A2088T as fully MS-DOS-
>>compatible diskdrive (multiplexed, like with programs as MSH).
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Wow!

Are upgrades available??  Software or Hardware?

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
<UseNet:jrichard@hawk.ulowell.edu| meteor viens stream across the night>

vlsi4@erato.cs.kun.nl (Freddy Aries) (09/03/90)

jrichard@hawk.ulowell.edu (John Richardson) writes:

>>>The internal Amiga-drive can be used by the A2088T as fully MS-DOS-
>>>compatible diskdrive (multiplexed, like with programs as MSH).
>  Wow!

>Are upgrades available??  Software or Hardware?

Well, it's a completely new board (so not an update to the old one), and
it's definitely HARDWARE!, original from Commodore (and it's FAST... :-)).
Don't know when it will be available in the US, but from rumours I've
heard that it is already available in Germany.
It seems that no one else has heard of it, so if you're interested, I could
translate a german test-article and post it.