[comp.sys.amiga] amiga keyboard

JIM PIERCE <JMPIERCE%USMCP6.BITNET@vm.tcs.tulane.edu> (08/29/90)

 I've seen several magazine discussions about A2000 keyboard on an A1000.
There is supposed to be an adapter that the A2000 kybd pulgs into and then
the adapter plugs into the A1000 kybd port. It is 'probably' under $45.00.
I am not certain, but that price seems about right. Of course, any
mistakes will be disavowed by the person in charge. I'm definitely
_not_ in charge. Bye forever.

* <JMPIERCE@USMCP6.BITNET> Jim Pierce at Univ. of Southern Mississippi
* Disclaimer: 'Documentation? There's no documentation for Bitnet.'

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (TZENG, NIGEL) (08/29/90)

In article <28717@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, JMPIERCE%USMCP6.BITNET@vm.tcs.tulane.edu (JIM PIERCE) writes...

> I've seen several magazine discussions about A2000 keyboard on an A1000.
>There is supposed to be an adapter that the A2000 kybd pulgs into and then
>the adapter plugs into the A1000 kybd port. It is 'probably' under $45.00.
>I am not certain, but that price seems about right. Of course, any
>mistakes will be disavowed by the person in charge. I'm definitely
>_not_ in charge. Bye forever.

When I picked up my A1000 (with A2000 keyboard) the converter cost about $15.
Looking at it I'd guess it's worth about $5 (depending on the cost of the din
connector and the phone type connector).  There was a post here a few months
back on the pin outs that I will try to find.  If I didn't save it I can go
to my parents house and look at it (That wouldn't be for a month or so).  Parts
should be available at Radio Shack and the assembly trivial.  I bought the
little doohicky because I didn't have the pin configuration and wanted to give
the machine to my dad before they moved.

>* <JMPIERCE@USMCP6.BITNET> Jim Pierce at Univ. of Southern Mississippi
>* Disclaimer: 'Documentation? There's no documentation for Bitnet.'

Nigel Tzeng

---
You have reached a non-working sig...please check your file path and try again.

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (09/02/90)

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (TZENG, NIGEL) writes:
>JMPIERCE%USMCP6.BITNET@vm.tcs.tulane.edu (JIM PIERCE) writes...
>> I've seen several magazine discussions about A2000 keyboard on an A1000.
>There was a post here a few months
>back on the pin outs that I will try to find.  If I didn't save it I can go
>to my parents house and look at it (That wouldn't be for a month or so).

Haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I did save the article.  Looks
pretty easy.

--
Jim Wright
jwright@quonset.cfht.hawaii.edu

seanc@pro-party.cts.com (Sean Cunningham) (09/04/90)

Speaking of keyboards, does anyone know about the NorthGate keyboard that is
supposedly an Amiga2x00 pl-in?

Anyone using one?

I've got an IFF that shows how to convert an A2000 keyboard to work with an
A1000, and I'm planning on getting one of the many "keyboardless" A1000s that
are floating around out there to set next to my A3000-25/50 for 68000
compatibility.  I'll loose the garage, and I kinda liked the original
keyboard, but whatever works...

Sean

  UUCP: ...!crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc       |
  ARPA: !crash!pnet01!pro-party!seanc@nosc.mil | " Fanatics have their
  INET: seanc@pro-party.cts.com                |   dreams, wherewith they
                                               |   weave a paradise for
  RealWorld: Sean Cunningham                   |   a sect. "
      Voice: (512) 994-1602  PLINK: ce3k*      |                -Keats

  Call C.B.A.U.G. BBS (512) 883-8351 w/SkyPix  | B^) VISION  GRAPHICS B^)