[comp.sys.amiga] RE : 68010 problems

In <29349@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, EW%ccv.UIA.AC.BE@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Karel De Bruyne/Electronic Workshop UIA Belgium) writes:
>Larry Phillips says : swapping the 68000 with a 68010 gives about 5% speed gain.
>
>I am working with a 68010 for several months now, and in certain cases, there is
>a big speed difference. I tried running a Mandelbrot-program (I think it was
>mandelvroom, but I'm not sure anymore) on two A500 side-by-side, one with and
>one without a 68010. As I saw rendering the pictures, I estimate, the speed gain
>was about 25%.
>I was very pleased with these results.

Fascinating. I ran the 68010 on  a Mandelbrot generator, and if memory serves
me, the timess for rendering were about 4 min, 27 seconds with the 68000, and 4
min, 11 seconds with the 68010. In fact, that's about the only result I
remember offhand.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

EW%ccv.UIA.AC.BE@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Karel De Bruyne/Electronic Workshop UIA Belgium) (09/04/90)

Larry Phillips says : swapping the 68000 with a 68010 gives about 5% speed gain.

I am working with a 68010 for several months now, and in certain cases, there is
a big speed difference. I tried running a Mandelbrot-program (I think it was
mandelvroom, but I'm not sure anymore) on two A500 side-by-side, one with and
one without a 68010. As I saw rendering the pictures, I estimate, the speed gain
was about 25%.
I was very pleased with these results.

Karel De Bruyne                         EW@CCV.UIA.AC.BE or EW@BANUIA52.BITNET
Computer Center/Electronic Workshop