[comp.sys.amiga] MNP through software

weeber@cs.purdue.EDU (Stephen A. Weeber) (09/04/90)

Are there any pieces of software available for the Amiga which
emulate an MNP modem?  The IBM world has at least one program
available which will do the MNP compression/decompression in
software using a standard modem.

Steve
weeber@cs.purdue.edu

sam@ms.uky.edu (Mike Mills) (09/05/90)

weeber@cs.purdue.EDU (Stephen A. Weeber) writes:

>Are there any pieces of software available for the Amiga which
>emulate an MNP modem?  The IBM world has at least one program
>available which will do the MNP compression/decompression in
>software using a standard modem.

>Steve
>weeber@cs.purdue.edu

I started work on such a program, but never finished (I didn't think it would
be worth it...)

...supra has a new 2400 baud MNP5 modem that costs around $170 though...

--
|  Mike Mills (aka "Sam")             | sam@ms.uky.edu  cn.mike@ukpr.uky.edu  |
|  (606) 255-3583                     |             BIX:  mike...             |