[comp.sys.amiga] DMCS players?

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu (09/01/90)

Are there any players for DMCS scores similar to the one for Sonix? I would
like to be able to play the songs that are on many BBS, but most of them are
for DMCS.  The only player I have complains about needing insturments.
  Kinda makes me yearn for the old SID player days...

        L8R,      ___  |                     |A     |IF IT FALLS ON YOUR
||_||  _          \\   |   ELECTRIC DREAMS!  | M    |HEAD, THEN YOU KNOW
||-|| |_| |\| |_| __\\ |_____________________|  I   |IT'S A ROCK.
DISCLAMIER: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, NOT ANYONE|   G  |          -BINABIK
ELSE'S AND ESPECIALLY NOT THE PSU CAC'S!     |    A |

Joseph P. Hillenburg (joseph@valnet.UUCP) (09/02/90)

TEW105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:

> Are there any players for DMCS scores similar to the one for Sonix? I would
> like to be able to play the songs that are on many BBS, but most of them are
> for DMCS.  The only player I have complains about needing insturments.
>   Kinda makes me yearn for the old SID player days...
>
>         L8R,      ___  |                     |A     |IF IT FALLS ON YOUR
> ||_||  _          \\   |   ELECTRIC DREAMS!  | M    |HEAD, THEN YOU KNOW
> ||-|| |_| |\| |_| __\\ |_____________________|  I   |IT'S A ROCK.
> DISCLAMIER: THESE ARE MY OPINIONS, NOT ANYONE|   G  |          -BINABIK
> ELSE'S AND ESPECIALLY NOT THE PSU CAC'S!     |    A |

DSCM and Sonix are in the same format. Simply use your Sonix player.

 -Joseph Hillenburg (Sultan of Asm)
INET: joseph@valnet.uucp            |MAIL: 1709 West Gray
UUCP: ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph       |MAIL: Bloomington, IN 47401
AT&T: 1-812-336-2969                |MAIL: United States
CompSci BBS: 3/12/24 1-812-876-4407 9:30 pm-7:30 am |Mail replies requested
              Those aren't bugs! Just undesirable features!

baeder@cadence.com (D. Scott Baeder; x299) (09/05/90)

In article <qVuTo4w162w@valnet>, Joseph P. Hillenburg
(joseph@valnet.UUCP) writes:
|> DSCM and Sonix are in the same format. Simply use your Sonix player.

HOGWASH...actually, dmcs CAN save/read SMUS (an IFF format), but most
all of the music on BBS's in DMCS format is NOT in SMUS...

Just get DMCS...the only player I know of.  I think EA has kept the
specs for the DMCS form to them selves...anybody know different??

thanks...scott