[comp.sys.amiga] AUX:

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (01/19/90)

I wonder if it's possible to get aux: to take input/send output
to another device. (i.e. parallel.device or modem0.device)

I'd like to plug in several terminals at the same time.
Useful if I manage to convert MUD to the Amiga.
(it limits the joy of MUD having just one player at the serial port
and me on the console)
With a modified aux: I'd have 3 players+me at the same time which could
improve things quite a bit.
The only alternative is a multi-serial board with good software.

					Karl
p.s Is there a unix library available for the Amiga. My lattice seems
    to miss some unix functions.

| Karl 'Dixie' Hultland |     email: d87-khd@sm.luth.se                       |
| University of Lulea   |          : {uunet,mcvax}!sunic.se!sm.luth.se!d87-khd|
| Sweden                | Snailmail: Mjolkuddsv. 63-5, S-95157 Lulea Sweden   |
|=======================| Voice nat: 0920-15479                               |
| Urbi et Orbi          | Voice int: +46 920 15479                            |
|=============================================================================|
|       If two people agree on EVERYTHING , one of them is OBSOLETE!!         |

caldwell_t@darwin.ntu.edu.au (08/31/90)

I am looking for a complete set of an AUX: handler and utilities.
I have heard that there is a editor and ZMODEM programs that will work with an
AUX: device.
Also what is the best AUX: device around?  The two that I have don't work in
shared mode.

Thanks,
	Malcolm Caldwell
	CALDWELL_T@DARWIN.NTU.OZ
	FIDO 3:690/648.3

caldwell_t@darwin.ntu.edu.au (09/06/90)

(repost due to apparent bounce in the US)

In <1990Sep6.145337.350@darwin.ntu.edu.au>, caldwell_t@darwin.ntu.edu.au writes:
>(repost due to apparent bounce in the US)
>
>I am looking for a complete set of an AUX: handler and utilities.
>I have heard that there is a editor and ZMODEM programs that will work with an
>AUX: device.
>Also what is the best AUX: device around?  The two that I have don't work in
>shared mode.

Keith Young, author of Access!, modified an AUX: handler to make it a shared
device, and to eliminate the initial read the original issued. It works well.
You can find it on Compuserve, in the Amuga User forum (I think.. we have just
split the forums up, and things are in a state of minor disarray right now).
Anyway, here is a LIST of the program, in case you have one somewhere and don't
realize it...

Aux-Handler                 2448 ----rw-d 04-May-89 18:07:37

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill