[comp.sys.amiga] Developer's Status in Canada?

boily@phy.ulaval.ca (Edouard Boily) (08/30/90)

	Hi,

	I  send  the  following  letter  (TeX  format) at Commodore
Canada  two  and  one month ago (two times) asking for informations
about  getting the developper's status.  I never had any responses.
Is there anybody on this net having relations with Commodore Canada
which  can explain to me why I never get responses?  Is it possible
to registered as developper in Canada?

					Edouard Boily

---------------------------- Letter -------------------------------
\documentstyle{letter}

\address{D\'epartement de Physique \\
	 Pavillon Vachon \\
	 Universit\'e Laval \\
	 Qu\'ebec, CANADA, \\
	 G1K 7P4}

\signature{Julien Tremblay, Ph. D. \\
	   Edouard Boily, M. Sc. \\
	   Jean--Pierre Moreau, Ph. D.}

\begin{document}

\begin{letter}{Mrs. Paula Dawson \\
	       Commodore--Amiga \\
	       3470 Pharmacy Avenue \\
	       Agincourt, Ontario, \\
	       M1W 3G3}

\opening{Dear Mrs. Dawson,}

	We are a team working on a software project and we would like
to get the Amiga developer's status.  We would like to have it
individually, so if you need to send us forms to fill, send three
copies please to the address above to Edouard Boily.

	The software that we are currently doing is called AmiGraph.
It's a high--end scientific data plotter.  Considerable efforts have
been made to create a highly professional and intuitive user
interface.  The software is modular, meaning that combining differents
applications modules, it can fill the needs of almost every domain
where data plotting is needed.  It is also library based making
updates relatively easy.  It also uses the multitasking capabilities
of the Amiga for it's inputs/outputs devices.

	We are very confident that this first project will fill a need
in the Amiga world.  Scientific applications is a field not very well
exploited by the Amiga developers community and we intend to remedy to
this situation.

	Two of us have a Ph. D. in physics while the other one is
currently finishing his Ph. D. in Astrophysics.  This make us
knowledgeable of what the need is and how to encounter it.

	We hope that we will read from you soon.

\closing{Best regards,}

\end{letter}
\end{document}

oliphant@telepro.UUCP (Mike Oliphant) (09/05/90)

>In article <33591@cup.portal.com> Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com writes:
>Edouard, re: your question about getting developer's status in Canada
>Might I suggest that if you don't hear soon, you should go ahead and
>contact Commodore in West Chester and apply for status through them.
>When I was in Canada, I was registered with West Chester and they didn't
>seem to have any problem with that.

We sent a letter off to Commodore Canada a few weeks ago, and received
acknowledgement of our acceptance into the CBM Canada developer program
yesterday (along with several pounds of AmigaMail :-)

Just thought people should know that Commodore Canada is accepting and
responding to applications from developers.

--
Mike Oliphant		    UUCP: alberta!herald!telepro!oliphant
			Internet: oliphant@telepro.uucp

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com (09/06/90)

Edouard, re: your question about getting developer's status in Canada
Might I suggest that if you don't hear soon, you should go ahead and
contact Commodore in West Chester and apply for status through them.
When I was in Canada, I was registered with West Chester and they didn't
seem to have any problem with that.

Keep trying.  You sound well-qualified, and I'm excited about your applica-
tion.  We need more software like this for the Amiga.  Good luck.  The
address, if you should choose to use it, for Commodore U.S is:
            Computer Systems Divisions
            1200 Wilson Drive
            West Chester, PA 19380    (215) 431-9100
(At least, this is the return address and number listed on the corres-
pondence from them the last time I renewed.  With all the changes, one never
knows if the phone number is still current.)
                                      Good luck, Julie (LadyHawke)

ewout@topcat.cbm.commodore.com (Ewout Walraven - CATS) (09/06/90)

Classic_-_Concepts@cup.portal.com writes:

>Edouard, re: your question about getting developer's status in Canada
>Might I suggest that if you don't hear soon, you should go ahead and
>contact Commodore in West Chester and apply for status through them.
>When I was in Canada, I was registered with West Chester and they didn't
>seem to have any problem with that.

Canadian applications for developer status ought to be send to Commodore
Canada. They will forward it to CATS with their recommendation. If all
is well we'll take it from there. Note that requiring local recommendation
is not ment as an extra hurdle but as a possibility for the local
subsidiary to stress the importance of a planned product or a developer
for the local market, so that developer status might be granted even
though the regular requirements might not be met.

ec.