[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for digitizing input devices...

sasgwb@mozart.unx.sas.com (Gary Black) (09/05/90)

I'm looking for input devices which I can use to digitize data from maps.  So
far the most promising seems to be the Easyl 2000 tablets, but the price is a
little high.  (around $400.00).

Are there less expensive ways to do this?  Has anyone else tried to do this on
an Amiga?

Email replies, please.

	gary

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (09/07/90)

In article <1990Sep05.133132.6175@unx.sas.com> sasgwb@mozart.unx.sas.com (Gary Black) writes:

>I'm looking for input devices which I can use to digitize data from maps.  So
>far the most promising seems to be the Easyl 2000 tablets, but the price is a
>little high.  (around $400.00).

Have you considered direct digitization?  I think the PerfectVision software
has some edge detection and image processing that might be helpful.  It would
sure be faster than hand-tracing.  You'd probably need to drop into
DeluxePaint to clean it up a little...

--
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.