[comp.sys.amiga] New Educational Discount Pricing

      Here are the new educational pricings effective today, September 1.

The main differences are that the bridgeboards are no longer a part of the
educational bundles.

Amiga 500P System		List $1189	Education: $699
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A500P w/1MB ram
	A1084S monitor

Amiga 500P/2 System		List $1397	Education: $759
comes with:					($40 cheaper)
	AmigaVision
	A500P w/1MB ram
	A1084S monitor
	A1011 3.5" drive

Amiga 2000/2 System		List $2453	Education: $1299
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A2000
	A2010 3.5" drive
	A1084S monitor

Amiga 2000HD System		List $3098	Education: $1599
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A2000HD w/ 40MB HD
	A1084S monitor

Amiga 2500/30 System		List $5098	Education: $2999
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A2500/30 w/ 5MB ram and 40MB HD
	A1084S monitor

Amiga 3000/16-50 System		List $4098	Education: $2599
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A3000/16-50 w/ 2MB ram and 50MB HD
	A1950 multisync

Amiga 3000/25-50 System		List $4798	Education: $3039
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A3000/25-50 w/ 2MB ram and 50MB HD
	A1950 multisync

Amiga 3000/25-100 System	List $5798	Education: $3899
comes with:
	AmigaVision
	A3000/25-100 w/ 5MB ram and 100MB HD
	A1950 multisync

				   Components
				   ----------

A520 RF Modulator		$39
A501 512K RAM expansion		$129
A590 20MB HD w/RAM sockets	$409
A1011 3.5" drive		$129
A10  external speakers		$29
A1950 multisync monitor		$519
A1084S monitor			$259
A2024 Hedley monitor		$489
A1680 1200 baud modem		$69
A2010 3.5" drive		$109
A2058/2	ram expander		$429
A2091-40 HD/SCSI controller	$589
A2088D XT Bridgeboard		$459
A2232 multi-serial ports	$259
A2286D AT Bridgeboard		$1039
A2300 Genlock			$199
A2630 68030 accelerator		$1299
AS250 AmigaVision		$99
AS200 Amiga LOGO		$69
AS225 NFS-TCP/IP software	$129
AS220 Amiga Client Novell	$99
A2060 ARCNET			$149
A2065 ETHERNET			$229

				     CPU's
				     -----

A500P		$479
A2000		$1139
A2000HD		$1559
A2500/30	$2819
A3000/16-40	$2179
A3000/25-40	$2619
A3000/25-100	$3059

	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

*Iraq += *Kuwait
NumCountries--

garyw@ncuug.UUCP (Gary Whicker) (09/02/90)

In article <1990Sep1.175723.19646@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

>      Here are the new educational pricings effective today, September 1.
>
>The main differences are that the bridgeboards are no longer a part of the
>educational bundles.

 I am following up to this message in the hopes that someone at commodore
can help. I ordered the 2500/30 education bundle by having my local
dealer send in the form on 08/31. I fully expected to get the old deal,
including the AT bridgeboard. With the new changes, will orders sent before
this date still be honored by the original deal? If not, I have sent about
$700 too much for the new system price. Will this be refunded? I am needless
to say, very anxious to find out what is going to happen to my order.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
o"All dross of education and | Gary Whicker                        o
o civilization slipped from  |      - ..!uunet!ccncsu!ncuug!garyw  o
o me, leaving only the       e       +-------------------------------------o
o primitive man, only the    | AMIGA - The computer for the        o
o primordial soul,           | -----   creative mind..             o
o red-taloned, ferocious."   +-------------------------------------o
o        - Robert E. Howard  | Writing artistic computer code is   o
o                            | easy.. the machine tells no tales.  o
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (09/04/90)

In article <21@ncuug.UUCP> garyw@ncuug.UUCP (Gary Whicker) writes:
>In article <1990Sep1.175723.19646@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
>>
>>      Here are the new educational pricings effective today, September 1.
>>
>>The main differences are that the bridgeboards are no longer a part of the
>>educational bundles.
>>

> I am following up to this message in the hopes that someone at commodore
>can help. I ordered the 2500/30 education bundle by having my local
>dealer send in the form on 08/31. I fully expected to get the old deal,
>including the AT bridgeboard. With the new changes, will orders sent before
>this date still be honored by the original deal? If not, I have sent about
>$700 too much for the new system price. Will this be refunded? I am needless
>to say, very anxious to find out what is going to happen to my order.
>

>[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
>o"All dross of education and | Gary Whicker                        o
>o civilization slipped from  |      - ..!uunet!ccncsu!ncuug!garyw  o
>o me, leaving only the       e       +-------------------------------------o
>o primitive man, only the    | AMIGA - The computer for the        o
>o primordial soul,           | -----   creative mind..             o
>o red-taloned, ferocious."   +-------------------------------------o
>o        - Robert E. Howard  | Writing artistic computer code is   o
>o                            | easy.. the machine tells no tales.  o
>[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

No problem,

The old bundles will still be available for a limited time, and your
order will be honored as submitted.

Howard S. Diamond
Director of Education CBM

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (09/05/90)

In article <14994@wpi.wpi.edu> jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
>In article <14176@cbmvax.commodore.com> diamond@cbmvax (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:
>>No problem,
>>
>>The old bundles will still be available for a limited time, and your
>>order will be honored as submitted.
>>
>>Howard S. Diamond
>>Director of Education CBM
>
>Does this mean that I'll be getting a Bridgeboard with the 3000/25 I had
>ordered under the Ed. Discount Plan on August 21?  If so, the order should be
>for John Dutka through Friendly Computers... :)

I am confused....  What I said in the previous post was that orders for the
old bundles, would still be honored....There was never a bundle for an
A3000 and a bridgeboard, and there still isn't, so I don't understand what
you questions refers to, but if you want to get into more detail, feel free
to e mail me directly.  (The previous question I was responding to, was from
somebody who had placed an order for a CPU bundle that used to include a
brideboard, and who wanted to know if it would be sent that way since the
specific bundle he had ordered, no longer appears on the price list.  The
answer was YES, we will still ship the old bundles, at the old prices, as
long as supplies last....if those bundles are preferred by anybody)

HSD

PS,  Amiga ads will run in student newspapers at some fifty campuses
tomorrow....and full color inserts will be in the papers next week at the
same campuses....Let me know what you think of them....ads will be running
on those same campuses on a regular basis all fall...as well as some
special promotions....

MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!! AMIGA!

--

Howard S Diamond
Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines

sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu (Scott Sutherland) (09/06/90)

In article <14189@cbmvax.commodore.com> diamond@cbmvax (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:

>PS,  Amiga ads will run in student newspapers at some fifty campuses
>tomorrow....and full color inserts will be in the papers next week at the
>same campuses....Let me know what you think of them....ads will be running
>on those same campuses on a regular basis all fall...as well as some
>special promotions....

	For those of us who are curious, would it be possible for you to post
a list of these universities?  I was out of town yesterday and did not see the
campus paper at the Univesity of Florida.  Are we in the "elite" 50?

Thanks,

Scott Sutherland
sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu

>MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!! AMIGA!

Already did!  Amiga 3000/25-40.

menelli@sunb8 (Ron Menelli) (09/07/90)

In article <14189@cbmvax.commodore.com> diamond@cbmvax (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:
>In article <14994@wpi.wpi.edu> jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu (John Dutka) writes:
>>In article <14176@cbmvax.commodore.com> diamond@cbmvax (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:

...lotsa stuff deleted...

>PS,  Amiga ads will run in student newspapers at some fifty campuses
>tomorrow....and full color inserts will be in the papers next week at the
>same campuses....Let me know what you think of them....ads will be running
>on those same campuses on a regular basis all fall...as well as some
>special promotions....
>
>MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!! AMIGA!

I'm glad to see that the University of Illinois was chosen as one of those
fifty campuses. It was quite a pleasant suprise, and a welcome change from
the incessant Apple/IBM propaganda.

In my opinion, a nicely done ad - please keep 'em coming! This campus has
been Amiga-ignorant far too long.

Ron Menelli
menelli@cs.uiuc.edu

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (09/07/90)

In article <1133@orange9.qtp.ufl.edu> sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu (Scott Sutherland) writes:
>In article <14189@cbmvax.commodore.com> diamond@cbmvax (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:
>
>>PS,  Amiga ads will run in student newspapers at some fifty campuses
>>tomorrow....and full color inserts will be in the papers next week at the
>>same campuses....Let me know what you think of them....ads will be running
>>on those same campuses on a regular basis all fall...as well as some
>>special promotions....
>>

>	For those of us who are curious, would it be possible for you to post
>a list of these universities?  I was out of town yesterday and did not see the
>campus paper at the Univesity of Florida.  Are we in the "elite" 50?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Scott Sutherland
>sutherla@qtp.ufl.edu
>
>>MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND!! AMIGA!