[comp.sys.amiga] Mailing to Compuserve

uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) (08/29/90)

[]
Is there any way to send email to a compuserve uid from usenet?
if so can someone tell me how?
Thanks
-Roger

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

castorca@EA.USL.EDU (Christian Castor) (08/29/90)

In article <4154@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>[]
>Is there any way to send email to a compuserve uid from usenet?
>if so can someone tell me how?
>Thanks
>-Roger

(I don't think this is the appropiate newsgroup for your question,
but anyway...)

To send mail to a certain ID, you would use:

             <ID>@compuserve.com

Where ID is the Compuserve ID you are wishing to send mail to. Note that
instead of a comma, you use a period in the ID. For example, to send
mail to user ID 73030,2734 , you'll write:

             73030.2734@compuserve.com

I hope the info helps.

         - Chris

-----///----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ///  Christian Castor: (318) 232-2045 (voice) - INET: castorca@ea.usl.edu
\\\///   Compuserve: 73030,2734 - PeopleLink: ChrisC - A313@cell.alcatraz.pen
-\///-------------------------------------------------------------------------

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (08/29/90)

In article <4154@crash.cts.com>, uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
> []
> Is there any way to send email to a compuserve uid from usenet?
> if so can someone tell me how?
> Thanks
> -Roger
>
> UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!uzun
> ARPA: crash!pnet01!uzun@nosc.mil
> INET: uzun@pnet01.cts.com

Soitanly!  Nyuck!  Nyuck!

If you know the user's PPN (CompuServe User ID number), you send mail thus:

    xxxxx.xxxx@compuserve.com

Note that you have to replace the "," in the PPN with a "."  As my .signature
below shows, my PPN is 75006,1355.  To send mail to me on CompuServe,

    75006.1355@compuserve.com

will do it.  They can also send mail to you from CIS via Internet.  I think
the syntax at the CompuServe end is something like

    EMail!  send >INTERNET:yourname@host.domain

The CIS EMail help system explains this fully.

[- O] Rick Stevens, Technology Marketing Incorporated
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)
      (Opinions are mine.  No one listens to me here anyway.)

"Lead, follow, or get the h*ll out of the way!"

bjc@smunews.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (09/08/90)

In article <4154@crash.cts.com> uzun@pnet01.cts.com (Roger Uzun) writes:
>[]
>Is there any way to send email to a compuserve uid from usenet?
>if so can someone tell me how?
>Thanks
>-Roger

To send Email to someone through CompuServe, you need to know their
CompuServe ID number.  For example, my PPN there is 76702,337.  To
send me Email, you would send it just as you would send Email to anyone
else from your site, addressing it to:
76702.337@compuserve.com

Notice that the comma in my PPN was changed to a period for this address.

For them to send mail back to you, they would send it just as they
would send any other Email on CompuServe, using your normal
Internet style address:

>INTERNET:yourname@yoursite

Betty
Betty Clay