[comp.sys.amiga] Impact 500 memory

tcrevier@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Tom Crevier) (09/11/90)

I just got an Impact 500 used.  I noticed there are what appear to
SIMM slots inside.  Two questions:
 1) Can I use 256k Simms? 512k? 1Meg?
 2) Where do I get the software for the memory?  I did knot notice any on the
 disk I got with it...

Tom

tcrevier@jarthur.claremont.edu

bleys@tronsbox.xei.com (Bill Cavanaugh) (09/12/90)

Tom Crevier writes:
>I just got an Impact 500 used.  I noticed there are what appear to
>SIMM slots inside.  Two questions:
> 1) Can I use 256k Simms? 512k? 1Meg?

If it's the same as the one I have, you use 1Meg x 8 SIMMs...

> 2) Where do I get the software for the memory?  I did knot notice any on the
> disk I got with it...

You don't need software.  It's autoconfiguring... just plug in the chips and
go...  Frayed you're gonna have to put up with the convenience!<chuckle>

 *      All of the above copyright by the below.                    *
 * Bill Cavanaugh       uunet!tronsbox!bleys                        *
 *  "You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever."  *
 *              Larry Anderson                                      *