[comp.sys.amiga] VOLUME!!!! Re: motorola/intel

thamilton@ch3.intel.com (Tony Hamilton, WF1-81, x48142) writes:
>To whoever posted the idea that Intel chips just don't compare to Motorola's,
>I can not agree more.  They DON'T compare, because they follow two entirely
>different principles.  Motorola utilizes memory-mapping, while Intel uses
>Isolated I/O.  Each has various advantages and downfalls.  When saying they
>don't compare, I surely hope you infer that they are nothing alike, and not
>that one is better than the other.  The unfortunate thing is that most users
>can only see the advantages of memory-mapping, while Intel chips are
>appreciated most in the high end of the market.
>
>Defending Intel interests across the globe...
>
>                    Tony Hamilton
>
>                 THamilton@ch3.intel.com

I LOVE IT!  CHIP WARS!  HERE WE GO AGAIN!

WATCH OUT, ALT.SEX.PICTURES; COMP.SYS.AMIGA IS GOING FOR NUMBER ONE!

A NEWSGROUP WITHOUT VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME GETS NO RESPECT!  PUMP IT UP!

(ANYBODY WANT TO MENTION WHY IBM-PC'S, ATARI'S, and MAC'S AREN'T FIT TO
 KISS THE AMIGA'S FEET, WHILE WE'RE AT IT?  HOW ABOUT A FEW OS WARS, TOO?
 THAT BRAIN-DEAD MS-WINDOWS PACKAGE IS ABOUT DUE FOR ANOTHER CHEAP SHOT!)

AND WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS FLACK FROM A SUSPECTED INTEL TOADY?
THE COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE THAT BROKE THE C LANGUAGE STANDARD?

STIR, STIR, STIR!

;-(  <--- No, Gwendolyn, that _isn't_ a smiley face you see there.

Kent, the man from xanth.
Too chicken to sign myself BIFF, but you get the idea.