[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaVision Advertising

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (09/12/90)

Dave Scroggins <daves@zombie.dtc.hp.com> writes:

> This should be advertised. Actually AmigaVision should be advertised
> more. The only thing I have seen about it has been written in magazine
> reviews. I have not seen it advertised ANYWHERE, even in the magazines
> which had the reviews. At the dealer the only thing that had AmigaVision
> written on it was the package one copy came it. That package was laying
> on the floor amid a pile of other software.
>
> Based on what little I have seen and read about AmigaVision it seems to
> be a good program. I guess I'll find out in 4 to 6 weeks :-)

Advertising money would be better spent, at this time, on a product that
was on the dealer's shelf ready to be sold.  If there's already a
backlog of whining netters waiting for AmigaVision, why advertise to
make the wait longer?

   --- Cal
   //  Cal Jones - Internet:  <Jones@UV4.Eglin.AF.Mil>   or
 \X/               BBS:  904-243-6219  1200-9600HST  340Meg, all Amiga
  NW Florida's first Amiga BBS running on NW Florida's FIRST AMIGA!

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/13/90)

In article <30209@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) writes:

> Advertising money would be better spent, at this time, on a product that
> was on the dealer's shelf ready to be sold.  If there's already a
> backlog of whining netters waiting for AmigaVision, why advertise to
> make the wait longer?

There seems to be plenty of copies of AmigaVision on the shelves here in
Ohio, and we usually get things like this two weeks after everyone else.
Two local dealers are actually having price wars over AV with prices
ranging around $75-80. I did better than that and got a copy (from one of
these dealers) that was unwanted by a new A500 buyer, for $59.00. I have
seen multiple copies available on the shelves from both dealers for 2  or
3 weeks atleast.

---Mike,

--
A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist!" | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
"However," replied the Universe,           | DLA Systems Automation Center