[comp.sys.amiga] Fitness Hardware interface

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/14/90)

In article <1990Sep11.225020.17045@actrix.co.nz>, geoff@actrix.co.nz (Geoff McCaughan) writes:

> Why not make an interactive fitnessprogram, you could start off with
> something simple like an exercycle and some video of some
> interesting scenery. You pedal, and the video keeps pace. How about
> a rowing machine and some white water? Some ski-ing?
>
> OK so that's my idea. Remember - you saw it here first, and if you
> produce a product along these lines, feel free to send your
> royalties to:-
> --

Wasn't this a real old idea of Amiga's (pre CBM days). They had something
called a "Joy Board" (if I remember the stories) based on joy stick
principles. You had to balance on the thing. It seems their was a story of
a skiing simulator coming out of this, with demo's by Susie Chafee of the
US Ski Team. I think the Joy Board led to Guru Meditations because you had
to balance on the board to keep the machine from Guruing. I think these
stories, whether true or not, started with RJ Mical. Does anybody know the
facts?

---Mike

--
A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist!" | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
"However," replied the Universe,           | DLA Systems Automation Center