[comp.sys.amiga] DNet clients?

hunt@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Lee Cameron Hunt) (09/06/90)

I just installed Matt Dillon's newest version of DNet (v. 2.10 -- with 7-bit
connection support) and it's great!

Now, I was wondering if there were any extra DNet clients (and
perhaps their corrosponding servers) for things like VT100 emulation,
mail and readnews utilites (with mouse support -- like xrn), and the
like.  I've heard that there was a Tektronix 4010 (or some such)
client out, but I couldn't find it at the trusty 'abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov'
ftp site (but then again I didn't know the name of the file I was looking
for, either).  [Which reminds me -- the Dnet at that archive site has
an *old* version of DNet -- ftp to ucbvax.berkeley.edu for the newest,
7-bit version].

Thanks for any help and espcially thanks to Matt Dillon for another
excellent utility.

|  --Lee                                                                 |
|                        Dave Haynie is Bob!                             |
|  hunt@spot.colorado.edu                ...!ncar!boulder!spot!hunt      |

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (09/13/90)

In article <25746@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hunt@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Lee Cameron Hunt) writes:
> I was wondering if there were any extra DNet clients (and perhaps
> their corrosponding servers) for things like ... mail

Check out ``mailchk'' posted to comp.binaries.amiga (several times).

> I've heard that there was a Tektronix 4010 (or some such) client
> out, but I couldn't find it at the trusty 'abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov'
> ftp site

abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov:/amiga/ftek.lzh

> Dnet at that archive site has an *old* version of DNet

The new version is there too, in /usenet/comp.binaries/amiga/volume90/.
The old version, 2.02L, has just been removed -- I kept it around
because that I was what I was using until a couple of months ago...
But now I use 2.13, so 2.02L is gone.

> thanks to Matt Dillon for another excellent utility.

Most excellent...
	...tad

nix@stekt.oulu.fi (Tero Manninen) (09/13/90)

In article <TADGUY.90Sep12173521@abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov> tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:

  In article <25746@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hunt@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Lee Cameron Hunt) writes:

> > Dnet at that archive site has an *old* version of DNet
>
> The new version is there too, in /usenet/comp.binaries/amiga/volume90/.
> The old version, 2.02L, has just been removed -- I kept it around
> because that I was what I was using until a couple of months ago...
> But now I use 2.13, so 2.02L is gone.

Where can I get this v2.13 (is it 2.10.13, or 2.13.?? ?) of DNet ?
So far I have seen only 2.10.11 DNets, and all marked as 2.13
have DNET_VERSION set to .11 (in version.h file).

++Tero

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (09/14/90)

nix@stekt.oulu.fi (Tero Manninen) writes:
> Where can I get this v2.13 (is it 2.10.13, or 2.13.?? ?) of DNet ?
> So far I have seen only 2.10.11 DNets, and all marked as 2.13
> have DNET_VERSION set to .11 (in version.h file).

There was an unfortunately accident when DNet 2.13 was compiled,
resulting in the programs all claiming to be 2.10.11.  I was assured by
Matt Dillon that they (the DNet files posted to comp.binaries.amiga)
really are 2.13...

	...tad

caldwell_t@darwin.ntu.edu.au (09/14/90)

>> The new version is there too, in /usenet/comp.binaries/amiga/volume90/.
>> The old version, 2.02L, has just been removed -- I kept it around
>> because that I was what I was using until a couple of months ago...
>> But now I use 2.13, so 2.02L is gone.
>
> Where can I get this v2.13 (is it 2.10.13, or 2.13.?? ?) of DNet ?
> So far I have seen only 2.10.11 DNets, and all marked as 2.13
> have DNET_VERSION set to .11 (in version.h file).

I found dnet at ucbvax.berkeley.edu.  The DNET_VERSION is .13 Only one
problem.  The files in the BIN are exactly the same as in the version I
have with DNET_VERSION .11 .  Somewhere something has gone wrong! I don't
know which zoo has the correct version BIN for the corresponding source.
I was thinking about compiling the source to see what it produced.

Which brings me to my problem.  I don't have Dmake, sup32.lib, or sup32.h.
(or what ever they are called)
Where can I get them?

Malcolm Caldwell	|CALDWELL_T@DARWIN.NTU.EDU.AU