[comp.sys.amiga] Draco & Empire 2.1w

sysop@aquarium.UUCP (Ernest Gainey & David Tyler) (09/11/90)

 Hello all,

 I'm posting this to the net, since I have sent mail to David Wright, and
 either its never making it to him, or he's to busy to answer.

 Anyways, a while ago, David sent me a copy of his Empire2.1w...
 which my system is running quite happily along with UUCP and a few
 other goodies ;-)

 Anyways, I can't get his source to compile with Draco v1.2.
 What I get is a compiler consistency check #5.
 (also, the includes for draco 1.2 seem partly incomplete...
  might just have been a slip on Chris Grays part..)

 If anyone has successfully compiled this version, using 1.2,
 I would greatly like to hear about it. Thanks all for listening
 and thanks to anyone who can help.

--
    Ernest J. Gainey III     //\\    Gainey03@Snybufva.Bitnet
    The Amiga Aquarium	 \\ //==\\

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/11/90)

sysop@aquarium.UUCP (Ernest Gainey & David Tyler) writes:

>  Hello all,
>
>  I'm posting this to the net, since I have sent mail to David Wright, and
>  either its never making it to him, or he's to busy to answer.
>
>  Anyways, a while ago, David sent me a copy of his Empire2.1w...
>  which my system is running quite happily along with UUCP and a few
>  other goodies ;-)
>
>  Anyways, I can't get his source to compile with Draco v1.2.
>  What I get is a compiler consistency check #5.
>  (also, the includes for draco 1.2 seem partly incomplete...
>   might just have been a slip on Chris Grays part..)
>
>  If anyone has successfully compiled this version, using 1.2,
>  I would greatly like to hear about it. Thanks all for listening
>  and thanks to anyone who can help.
>
> --
>     Ernest J. Gainey III     //\\    Gainey03@Snybufva.Bitnet
>     The Amiga Aquarium	 \\ //==\\
>     (716)/837-1699        \\/    \\MIGA... :)

YES! DAVID WRIGHT OR CHRIS GRAY OR SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THEM PLEASE TELL ME
DAVID'S ADDRESS! I AM INTERESTED IN REGISTERING FOR EMPIRE 2.2W, I MEAN
HIS SNAIL ADDRESS! HIS PHONE # WOULDN'T BE BAD EITHER. I _NEED_ EMPIRE!
Sorry to sound like a game junkie, but when I get C-Net, I want to be
able to use it. Also, the interface for C-net as well.

-Joseph Hillenburg

INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
.cs.indiana.edu
UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph

davewt@NCoast.ORG (David Wright) (09/13/90)

In article <sysop.0041@aquarium.UUCP> sysop@aquarium.UUCP (Ernest Gainey & David Tyler) writes:

> Anyways, I can't get his source to compile with Draco v1.2.
> What I get is a compiler consistency check #5.
> (also, the includes for draco 1.2 seem partly incomplete...
>  might just have been a slip on Chris Grays part..)
	Empire 2.x needs version 1.3 of the Draco compiler, available from
Chris Gray or myself. Some new features were added to the compiler to allow
more to be done in Empire, and this version also includes the 1.3 #include
files.

			Dave

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (09/15/90)

In <sysop.0041@aquarium.UUCP> (Ernest Gainey & David Tyler) write:

> Anyways, I can't get his source to compile with Draco v1.2.
> What I get is a compiler consistency check #5.
> (also, the includes for draco 1.2 seem partly incomplete...
>  might just have been a slip on Chris Grays part..)

consistency check #5 is down in my docs as:

 5 - NextRegStack = &RegStack[0] in needRegs

which is of course no use to you at all :-).

I would suggest using fewer register variables in the procedure it is having
trouble with, or simplifying the expression in the indicated source line.
Also, are you running with a large enough stack? I use 25000. Oh yes, if
you were getting error messages before the concheck, fix them first - some
error conditions can mess up the register useage information - I started
trying to fix all that cropped up, but it would have bloated the compiler.

I find this quite odd - what is Dave compiling with? I don't believe I've
sent him (or anyone!) my V1.3 compiler (which I just tried and it compiled
Dave's V2.2w sources fine), so unless he is using an older version of the
compiler, he is using the same version you have.

What is missing in the V1.2 Draco includes? If you are referring to stuff
that is new with V1.3 or V2.0, then I can understand - I don't even have
the C versions of those yet (should have soon though - I ordered the
Lattice 5.10 update). My machine is still running with lowly V1.2 ROMS.

(Gee, all these version numbers are confusing!)

Chris Gray  usenet: {myrias.com,uunet.uu.net!myrias,alberta!myrias}!ami-cg!cg
	    CIS: 74007,1165