[comp.sys.amiga] Print Ham images - Probably stupid question

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) (09/13/90)

After having an amiga since 1985 I feel more than a little sheepish
asking this but here goes anyway.  I want to print ham iff pictures
using my NEC P6 printer(not color).  Surely there must be a little
utility somewhere that does this but I sure am unaware of it.  Along
similiar lines,  has anyone come up with a screen grabber(I know there
is a commercial one ) or a screen printer that works on all type of
screens?  I think Perry K posted something several years ago but I
suspect something better has come along since then.  Any
ideas/suggestions will be appreciated.
--
Jim Sanchez          | jim@syteke.be (PREFERRED)
Hughes LAN Systems   | OR uunet!mcsun!ub4b!syteke!jim

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/14/90)

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) writes:

> After having an amiga since 1985 I feel more than a little sheepish
> asking this but here goes anyway.  I want to print ham iff pictures
> using my NEC P6 printer(not color).  Surely there must be a little
> utility somewhere that does this but I sure am unaware of it.  Along
> similiar lines,  has anyone come up with a screen grabber(I know there
> is a commercial one ) or a screen printer that works on all type of
> screens?  I think Perry K posted something several years ago but I
> suspect something better has come along since then.  Any
> ideas/suggestions will be appreciated.
> --
> Jim Sanchez          | jim@syteke.be (PREFERRED)
> Hughes LAN Systems   | OR uunet!mcsun!ub4b!syteke!jim
> Brussels Belgium     | OR {sun,hplabs}!sytek!syteke!jim

For printing, your paint program should do that,

For saving, get ScreenX 2.2 on a fish disk somewhere.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu

bleys@tronsbox.xei.com (Bill Cavanaugh) (09/15/90)

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) writes:

> After having an amiga since 1985 I feel more than a little sheepish
> asking this but here goes anyway.  I want to print ham iff pictures
> using my NEC P6 printer(not color).  Surely there must be a little
> utility somewhere that does this but I sure am unaware of it.  Along
> similiar lines,  has anyone come up with a screen grabber(I know there
> is a commercial one ) or a screen printer that works on all type of
> screens?  I think Perry K posted something several years ago but I
> suspect something better has come along since then.  Any
> ideas/suggestions will be appreciated.
> --
> Jim Sanchez          | jim@syteke.be (PREFERRED)
> Hughes LAN Systems   | OR uunet!mcsun!ub4b!syteke!jim
> Brussels Belgium     | OR {sun,hplabs}!sytek!syteke!jim

Along those same lines, has anyone heard anything about updates of FinePrint
from Designlab in Owego, NY?  This is a terrific program that uses strike-
over to print IFF pics on a dot matrix printer and make them look great, but
it didn't have ham support "yet" when I bought it, two years ago, and I
never heard anything from them when I sent my registration card in...

 *      All of the above copyright by the below.                    *
 * Bill Cavanaugh       uunet!tronsbox!bleys                        *
 *  "You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever."  *
 *              Larry Anderson                                      *