[comp.sys.amiga] Hardware Disk Copying

chris@zork.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) (09/13/90)

Please NO flames on this!

I'm in the market for a hardware disk copying device like synchro
express II or super card ami-II (actually those are the only two I've
ever seen advertised).  Has anyone out there had any experience with
either of these devices?  I'll be using them mostly to make copies of
games I've purchased so I can leave the disk's out for my children to
use when I'm not at home (not that I don't trust th, it's just that I'd
hate to lose a $35 investment on a game because they ejected the disk
early or some other foolish act).

Anyways, any info would be appreciated (except for flames from you folks
who think that I shouldn't be able to make copies of software that I've
legally purchased!!!).

-thanks
 chris

d6b@psuecl.bitnet (09/16/90)

In article <1990Sep12.135427@zork.cc.binghamton.edu>, chris@zork.cc.binghamton.edu (Chris Peck) writes:
> I'm in the market for a hardware disk copying device like synchro
> express II or super card ami-II (actually those are the only two I've
> ever seen advertised).  Has anyone out there had any experience with

Please don't waste your money. Believe, almost everything in those ads are
lies, half-truths, or hype. If you really want one - and I don't find them
too useful - you can put one together yourself for a couple bucks (ask
around).

-- Dan Babcock