[comp.sys.amiga] Problem: VD0 crashes my system

grx1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Steve Snodgrass) (09/10/90)

I'm having a strange problem with ASDG's recoverable RAM disk, VD0:.
I got it off a Fish disk (241?) and installed it, etc.  I had previously been
using RAD: with no problem, but wanted to check out VD0: because of its dynamic
sizing ability.  Anyway, what happens is this.  I've set up VD0: with a max
limit of 512K.  My startup-sequence mounts VD0: and checks for the existence of
a directory; if it isn't found it assumes that I'm cold booting and copies
about 200K worth of stuff into VD0:.  This works with no problem.  But, when I
do a warm boot, attempting to recover an already configured VD0:, the system
crashes after mounting it.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'm running an A500 with 3
Megs of RAM and 1.2 ROMs.

Thanks!

<*--------------------------------------------------------------------------*>
Steve Snodgrass == The Emerald Warrior == GRX1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu != normal
SUBTEC (Student Union Board Technical Services)    ---====++++ Turbosound
"I personally would have placed the cadaver room at the county morgue ahead of
 OS/2 in the aforementioned category [best operating environment]" -A. Levitan
"The idea that minotaurs could exist is just a bunch of bull!" -me

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (09/16/90)

In article <1990Sep10.002121.1622@uoft02.utoledo.edu> grx1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Steve Snodgrass) writes:
>I'm having a strange problem with ASDG's recoverable RAM disk, VD0:.
>I got it off a Fish disk (241?) and installed it, etc.  I had previously been

The version on FD241 is not by ASDG (but is based upon a disassembly/reassembly
of ours). While it is smaller, it is also less robust in some ways.

Try the version on FD59. And please, *don't* send in the requested shareware
fee.

Thanks

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry