[comp.sys.amiga] HELP! My Clock is Broken Again!

gmm34343@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (09/12/90)

A few days ago my "battery backed-up clock" was unable to be found.
I figured it would magically restart as it usually does, but no luck.
I tried removing my A501 and re-inserting it, but still no luck.
I vaguely remember some mention of a software program that could help.
I've spoken to several people who've had the same experience, but no
one had any answers.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do or
what software program I need to fix this annoying problem?

twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) (09/13/90)

gmm34343@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>A few days ago my "battery backed-up clock" was unable to be found.
>I figured it would magically restart as it usually does, but no luck.
>I tried removing my A501 and re-inserting it, but still no luck.
>I vaguely remember some mention of a software program that could help.
>I've spoken to several people who've had the same experience, but no
>one had any answers.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do or
>what software program I need to fix this annoying problem?

Ditto here. My clock died a few days ago during the North West power surge
(Montana-Washington-Idaho-Oregon-Nevada-N. California. Yikes!). I've tried
everything I know. Including setclock reset, Clock Doctor, leaving my
system on for 24 hrs (to recharge battery???), removing and putting my A501
back. All to no avail. I would really rather not have to replace my ram
expansion. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

	Tabor Wells
	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu

871579l@aucs.uucp (Todd Lowe) (09/14/90)

In article <80@pdxgate.UUCP> twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) writes:
>gmm34343@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>

>>A few days ago my "battery backed-up clock" was unable to be found.

>Ditto here. My clock died a few days ago during the North West power surge
>(Montana-Washington-Idaho-Oregon-Nevada-N. California. Yikes!). I've tried
>everything I know. Including setclock reset, Clock Doctor, leaving my
>system on for 24 hrs (to recharge battery???), removing and putting my A501
>back. All to no avail. I would really rather not have to replace my ram
>expansion. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
>	Tabor Wells
>	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu

Try using the Amiga Dos 1.2 version on SetClock with opt RESET.
I used that when my clock died.
  --> Setclock opt Reset

  This is NOT a valid 1.2 option, but somehow it did reactivate my clock.

  -Todd
  871579l@aucs

kchiu@triton.unm.edu (09/16/90)

In article <80@pdxgate.UUCP> twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Tabor Wells) writes:
>gmm34343@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>

>>A few days ago my "battery backed-up clock" was unable to be found.
>>I figured it would magically restart as it usually does, but no luck.
>>I tried removing my A501 and re-inserting it, but still no luck.
>>I vaguely remember some mention of a software program that could help.
>>I've spoken to several people who've had the same experience, but no
>>one had any answers.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do or
>>what software program I need to fix this annoying problem?
>
>Ditto here. My clock died a few days ago during the North West power surge
>(Montana-Washington-Idaho-Oregon-Nevada-N. California. Yikes!). I've tried
>everything I know. Including setclock reset, Clock Doctor, leaving my
>system on for 24 hrs (to recharge battery???), removing and putting my A501
>back. All to no avail. I would really rather not have to replace my ram
>expansion. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
>	Tabor Wells
>	twells@eecs.cs.pdx.edu

	I had the same problem, I was VERY worried, I tried everything
to restore the clock, but had no luck at all, at one day, the clock came
back by it self!!! And I was very suprised! So what a while and it
should come back!!!

--
kchiu@triton.unm.edu