[comp.sys.amiga] CygCC Tutorial problems - AREXX and CED

In <2516@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil>, nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) writes:
>I've been working with the 'CygCC' AREXX tutorial in the latest Amazing
>Computer, and although the tutorial is excellent, I'm having trouble
>getting it to run. This program is a driver to glue CED and that Lattice
>compiler. It contains 4 AREXX scripts which occasionally call each other.
>I've stored the 4 in the REXX: directory with the proper '.rexx' suffix
>but CED doesn't seem to be able to find them. The main driver 'CygCC' will
>run from the CED 'send DOS/AREXX command' but only if I give it a fully
>qualified pathname like 'REXX:CygCC.rexx'. It then ends when trying to
>call another one of the scripts ('FindWind') with an AREXX return code of
>10. CED is running under WShell, and things look okay if I try them from
>the shell instead. They don't go very far when called from the shell, but
>then they where designed to not go very far if not called from CED. I can
>call the programs with just the name under the shell and it is found as
>normal in the REXX: directory. Yes, the REXX: directory is assigned and I've
>run 'rexxmast'. I'm using current version of AREXX and CED, plus Lattice
>v5.05.
>
>To me it seems to be a problem with CED (not CED's problem, probably mine)
>and how it searches for functions, etc.

Try changing the suffix on the files from '.rexx' to '.ced'.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/16/90)

[...]

Thanks for any help.

---Mike,

--
A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist!" | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
"However," replied the Universe,           | DLA Systems Automation Center