[comp.sys.amiga] CBM organization structure?

aduncan@rhea.trl.oz.au (Allan Duncan) (09/12/90)

From article <14312@cbmvax.commodore.com>, by ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS):
> P.S.  Dave does not work for CBM, he is in engineering (Commodore
> International, or some such.)

Could you (or some other kind soul) provide the net with an organization
structure?

Allan Duncan	ACSnet	a.duncan@trl.oz
(03) 541 6708	ARPA	a.duncan%trl.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
		UUCP	{uunet,hplabs,ukc}!munnari!trl.oz!a.duncan
Telecom Research Labs, PO Box 249, Clayton, Victoria, 3168, Australia.

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (09/12/90)

In article <2205@trlluna.trl.oz> aduncan@rhea.trl.oz.au writes:
>From article <14312@cbmvax.commodore.com>, by ken@cbmvax.commodore.com:
>> P.S.  Dave does not work for CBM, he is in engineering (Commodore
>> International, or some such.)
>Could you (or some other kind soul) provide the net with an organization
>structure?

No, it is too confusing.

Commodore International is the parent company.
	Hardware engineering is part of Commodore International.
Commodore-Amiga was formed in the Amiga purchase.
	Software engineering is part of Commodore-Amiga.
Commodore Business Machines (CBM) is the U.S. marketing company.
	CATS is part of CBM.

Then each country has it's own marketing company.
(Note that this may not be totally correct.)

Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

In article <14379@cbmvax.commodore.com> ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) writes:
>In article <2205@trlluna.trl.oz> aduncan@rhea.trl.oz.au writes:
>>From article <14312@cbmvax.commodore.com>, by ken@cbmvax.commodore.com:
>>> P.S.  Dave does not work for CBM, he is in engineering (Commodore
>>> International, or some such.)
>>Could you (or some other kind soul) provide the net with an organization
>>structure?
>No, it is too confusing.

Or is it?

>Commodore International is the parent company.
>	Hardware engineering is part of Commodore International.

Actually, at present, the hardware group is part of Commodore Technology,
which reports to CIL.  There's also Commodore Semiconductor Group (chips)
and Commodore-Amiga (software) which report to CIL, as do the individual
marketing groups of each country.  I think the biggest misconception is that,
since Engineering is based in West Chester, that we're part of the US
company.

And there have been times, although not too recently, when these organizational
structures were subject to monthly change.  Since I've been with Commodore,
I've officially worked for MOS Technology (now CSG), Commodore Technology,
Commodore-Amiga, and possibly even Commodore Business Machines.  It's hard to
tell, my office hasn't moved.

>Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
>uucp: ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
>bix:  kfarinsky

      Get that coffee outta my face, put a Margarita in its place!

aduncan@rhea.trl.oz.au (Allan Duncan) (09/17/90)

From article <14379@cbmvax.commodore.com>, by ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS):
> Commodore International is the parent company.
> 	Hardware engineering is part of Commodore International.
> Commodore-Amiga was formed in the Amiga purchase.
> 	Software engineering is part of Commodore-Amiga.

Is C-A part of C= I, or a separate entity?