[comp.sys.amiga] jrcomm1.0 problem ----- help/suggestions??

mdg1@uafhcx.uucp (Michael D. Glover) (09/09/90)

I recently tried to download a copy of jrcomm1.0 from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov and have been unsuccessful in getting a working copy.  After running the program
my system "gurus" after the opening screen is displayed and the modem
indicates a "Terminal Ready."  Has anyone else encountered similiar
problems and if so, were you able to find a remedy?

If anything, could someone tell me where I could FTP a working copy?

If it helps, I am running an A2000HD with a Packard Bell PB2400PLUS modem,
and an A2088 IBM Bridgeboard.

Thanks in advance.

Michael D. Glover - University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
mdg1@uafhcx.uark.edu

arc@desire.wright.edu (09/09/90)

In article <5222@uafhp.uark.edu>, mdg1@uafhcx.uucp (Michael D. Glover) writes:
> I recently tried to download a copy of jrcomm1.0 from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov and have been unsuccessful in getting a working copy.  After running the program
> my system "gurus" after the opening screen is displayed and the modem
> indicates a "Terminal Ready."  Has anyone else encountered similiar
> problems and if so, were you able to find a remedy?
>
> If anything, could someone tell me where I could FTP a working copy?
>
> If it helps, I am running an A2000HD with a Packard Bell PB2400PLUS modem,
> and an A2088 IBM Bridgeboard.
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Michael D. Glover - University of Arkansas at Fayetteville
> mdg1@uafhcx.uark.edu

 Try deleting your jrcomm.def in S: and running JR 1.0...

consp11@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett Kessler) (09/12/90)

In article <5222@uafhp.uark.edu>, mdg1@uafhcx.uucp (Michael D. Glover) writes:
|>I recently tried to download a copy of jrcomm1.0 from abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov
|>and have been unsuccessful in getting a working copy.  After running
the program
|>my system "gurus" after the opening screen is displayed and the modem
|>indicates a "Terminal Ready."  Has anyone else encountered similiar
|>problems and if so, were you able to find a remedy?

I've been having similar problems with my JRComm 1.0.  Sometimes when I boot
it up, it'll go directly to the title screen and then work fine, at
other times it'll go
to the title screen and then guru.

In addition, after extensive searching by myself, I haven't been able to
isolate the
problem!  I've turned off extra memory, disconnected my external drive,
and even
turned off my resident utilities (such as MachII and ZV3) all to no
avail.  It seems
to be at random.

I'm assuming that this isn't the "random delay screen..."  ;-)  (I know
it isn't, but I
thought it was funny.  So sue me.)

+------///-+------------------| BRETT KESSLER |------------------+-\\\------+
|     ///  |         consp11@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu          |  \\\     |
| \\\///   |              consp11@bingvaxa.BITNET                |   \\\/// |
|  \XX/    |              (PeopleLink)  B.KESSLER                |    \XX/  |
+----------+-----------------------------------------------------+----------+

adin@math.ufl.edu (Adin Burroughs) (09/12/90)

Glover) writes:
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov

|> I've been having similar problems with my JRComm 1.0.  Sometimes when I boot
|> it up, it'll go directly to the title screen and then work fine, at
|> other times it'll go
|> to the title screen and then guru.
|>
|> In addition, after extensive searching by myself, I haven't been able to
|> isolate the
|> problem!  I've turned off extra memory, disconnected my external drive,
|> and even
|> turned off my resident utilities (such as MachII and ZV3) all to no
|> avail.  It seems
|> to be at random.

I seem to be having the same problem, the program will boot, and give the title
screen, but right as it gets to all the loading of macros, etc it gurus...
I checked out the guru, and while our favorite guru buster couldn't
"smash" it, it reported that it was something to do with the window that
jrcomm opens up...
(something like #8100008....(can't quite remem. offhand..))
I know that it's not a lack of memory, or even  because of a nofastmem
or some other client program..i just don't know...

(Maybe it is that damn random window, trying to open up when jrcomm inits...
     :-|  )

|									    |
|  .Sig 1.1 under construction.....					    |
|					adb@beach.cis.ufl.edu		    |
|					adin@math.ufl.edu		    |
|					Iceman@circa.ufl.edu		    |
|	'Tis better to have loved and					    |
|	 lost than to have never loved at all........			    |

jimb@faatcrl.UUCP (Jim Burwell) (09/15/90)

adin@math.ufl.edu (Adin Burroughs) writes:

>In article <3986@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>,
>consp11@bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu (Brett Kessler) writes:
>abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov

I  think your problems may be that you arn't putting the fonts
into the FONTS: directory.  I seem to remember there was a problem
with 1.0 which would make it GURU when it tried to load the fonts
and couldn't find them.

C'ya,
Jim

--
UUCP:  ...!rutgers!faatcrl!jimb              Internet:  jimb@faatcrl.UUCP
		Under brooding skys and watchful eyes

adin@math.ufl.edu (Adin Burroughs) (09/17/90)

|> I  think your problems may be that you arn't putting the fonts
|> into the FONTS: directory.  I seem to remember there was a problem
|> with 1.0 which would make it GURU when it tried to load the fonts
|> and couldn't find them.
|>
|> C'ya,
|> Jim

Well, I checked my fonts dir. and everything's there...it works a bit of
the time, it's just a bitch when it decides to guru 5 times in a row...

still wondering..

-Adin

|  .Sig 1.1 under construction.....					    |
|					adb@beach.cis.ufl.edu		    |
|					adin@math.ufl.edu		    |
|					Hardwire@oak.circa.ufl.edu	    |