[comp.sys.amiga] popCLI with SHELL

fredc@umrisca.tmc.edu (Fred Clauss) (09/15/90)

Is there a version of popCLI which uses the 1.3 Shell rather than the
old CLI.  I can't live without my aliases, not even for a minute. :-)

On a related note, if I ever get around to investigating the other
shell programs around, is there any way to get popCLI to pop one of
those?

--
Fred Clauss                  INTERNET:  fredc@isc.umr.edu (preferred)
Intelligent Systems Center    		or fredc@umree.ee.umr.edu

jmeissen@ogicse.ogi.edu (John Meissen) (09/15/90)

In article <1390@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> fredc@isc.umr.edu writes:
>Is there a version of popCLI which uses the 1.3 Shell rather than the
>old CLI.  I can't live without my aliases, not even for a minute. :-)

PopCLI just executes a canned command. You can specify the command
when you invoke PopCLI:
	PopCLI [timeout] [command]
	eg:
	PopCLI 300 Shell-i-forget-how-to-specify-the-window

PopCLI-IV can change it on the fly. In addition, you can attach
other commands to arbitrary left-amiga key combinations.

--
John Meissen .............................. Oregon Advanced Computing Institute
jmeissen@oacis.org        (Internet) | "That's the remarkable thing about life;

In article <1390@umriscc.isc.umr.edu> fredc@isc.umr.edu writes:
>Is there a version of popCLI which uses the 1.3 Shell rather than the
>old CLI.  I can't live without my aliases, not even for a minute. :-)

Try dmouse from Fish disks. You can tell it every command string you
want to invoke any shell you like. Mine calls the 1.3 Shell.
And dmouse has also some other nice features compared to popCLI.