[comp.sys.amiga] UUCP/uucico Problems

lcbrink@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Lee C Brink) (09/16/90)

  I'm trying to set up UUCP on my Amiga using V1.06D of Matt's UUCP and
have come up with a snag.  With the script in L.sys it does not print a
space when a \s is used.  Since I need to have the following sent:

    rlogin lynx.cat.syr.edu

  to log in, the ability not to print a space (So it seems) is a proverbial
brick wall.  I have tried the following syntaxes:

     annex: rlogin\slynx.cat.syr.edu
     annex: rlogin\s\c "" lynx.cat.syr.edu

  In the Get-send format.  Am I doing something wrong here or is it
the program?  (I did get uucico from Xanth II that was posted about a week or
so ago, but that one and the one in V1.06D show the same behavior).

      Lee

| Lee C Brink - Operator at NorthEast Parallel Architectures Center (NPAC)    |
| lcbrink@rodan.acs.syr.edu ; lee@nova.npac.syr.edu  -  Internet              |
| lcbrink@sunrise.bitnet  -  Bitnet           LBRINK1 - GEnie                 |

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (09/17/90)

In article <1990Sep16.001539.12146@rodan.acs.syr.edu> lcbrink@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Lee C Brink) writes:

>  I'm trying to set up UUCP on my Amiga using V1.06D of Matt's UUCP and
>have come up with a snag.  With the script in L.sys it does not print a
>space when a \s is used.  Since I need to have the following sent:

On `real' uucico's (i.e. unix versions of UUCP) what works is:

	annex: rlogin\040lynx.cat.syr.edu

or possibly

	annex: "rlogin lynx.cat.syr.edu"

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>

lcbrink@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Lee C Brink) (09/19/90)

In article <7948@gollum.twg.com> david@twg.com (David S. Herron) writes:
>In article <1990Sep16.001539.12146@rodan.acs.syr.edu> lcbrink@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Lee C Brink) writes:
>>
>>  I'm trying to set up UUCP on my Amiga using V1.06D of Matt's UUCP and
>>have come up with a snag.  With the script in L.sys it does not print a
>>space when a \s is used.  Since I need to have the following sent:
>
>On `real' uucico's (i.e. unix versions of UUCP) what works is:
>
>	annex: rlogin\040lynx.cat.syr.edu

  Used with Amiga uucico it prints:

         rlogin\040lynx.cat.syr.edu

>or possibly
>
>	annex: "rlogin lynx.cat.syr.edu"

  This one prints:

        "rlogin
        Expecting lynx.cat.syr.edu"

  Thanx but unfortunately they didn't work.  Any other ideas?