[comp.sys.amiga] A Question about SAS/Lattice C 5.10!!!!!!

SLMT9@cc.usu.edu (09/11/90)

	First off thanks to all those that responded to my last post about
Question in C and Basic.

	But I never did get an answer to one of the questions that I asked.

This is IT:

	How do I get a raw key imput in SAS C/5.1 . I have read a few messages
but they still leave me in the dark. If anyone out there, Or even everyone,
could respond to this question and help then I will greatly appriciate it.
 	So to somerize what I basically need is this. To be able to getchar()
a character with out having to press a return to use the value. A Compiler
specific answer is fine. I will only be using it on this compiler and only on
the AMIGA.

	Thanks in advance,

	Joshua
	SLMT9@cc.usu.edu

walker@unx.sas.com (Doug Walker) (09/20/90)

In article <33779@cc.usu.edu> SLMT9@cc.usu.edu writes:
>	How do I get a raw key imput in SAS C/5.1 . I have read a few messages
>but they still leave me in the dark. If anyone out there, Or even everyone,
>could respond to this question and help then I will greatly appriciate it.

Again, you need RawIO by Chuck McManis off one of the very early fish disks -
in the 30-50 range.  This puts the console into RAW mode so all subsequent
operations are done raw.  There are a couple of other sets of routines like
this - TrueCIO by John Toebes, for one - that are also on the fish disks.

  *****
=*|_o_o|\\=====Doug Walker, Software Distiller====== BBS: (919)460-7430 =
  | o  |//     For all you do, this bug's for you!
  ======
usenet: ...mcnc!rti!sas!walker   plink: dwalker  bix: djwalker