[comp.sys.amiga] LZ 0.91

pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com (Pierre Altamore) (09/20/90)

In <P3eiP3w163w@valnet>, joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:

>Most people prefer LHArc or a LHArc compatable program nowadays. Stay
>away from LZ at this point, as it is very buggy and not 100% compatable
>with LHArc. If you are CLI weary, try LHArcA, as it is faster than LHArc,
>and you can use the mouse. This is a boon to people that are new to the
>Amiga, or computers in general.

He are a few relevant excerpts from th LZ 0.91 update docs which I
recieved yesterday:

                                     LZ 0.91
                                1st September, 1990
                            Written by Jonathan Forbes
                       Copyright ) 1990, Xenomiga Technology

Changes to 0.82
   Much smaller stack requirements (i.e. no more crashes).

Those Crashes
   Version 0.90 should fix the problem which caused versions 0.81 and 0.82 to
   crash on some systems; the stack.

It seems like the problems have been fixed, please don't knock this great
utility anymore.
,

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!pierre      |   Critical Mass Software
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!pierre@nosc.mil   |   P.O. Box 23
Internet: pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com    |   Short Hills, NJ 07078