[comp.sys.amiga] 4096 Amiga HAM to IBM 256 MCGA?

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (09/14/90)

     There is a very useful program for converting graphic pictures
in other formats over to the Amiga called 'The Art Department' by
ASDG. I called them and said that the program converted from MCGA
to HAM but the inverse would not be ready until the end of September.
Recently, I recalled them and now they said perhaps another month and
a half. Does anyone know the scoop or a way out of my dilema?

-Steve M. Suhy-

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (09/21/90)

In article <38059@unix.cis.pitt.edu> jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) writes:

>     There is a very useful program for converting graphic pictures
>in other formats over to the Amiga called 'The Art Department' by
>ASDG. I called them and said that the program converted from MCGA
>to HAM but the inverse would not be ready until the end of September.
>Recently, I recalled them and now they said perhaps another month and
>a half. Does anyone know the scoop or a way out of my dilema?

The Art Department (TAD) is currently shipping. It can convert any format
to any Amiga IFF format. However, it does not  convert into formats other
than IFF.

Soon to be released, is Art Department Professional (ADPro).  It can read
and *write* any  file format (in addition to many other advancements over
TAD).

We offer  TAD  as  an extremely powerful  *entry*  level image processing
system. ADPro is a more powerful  and fully extendable professional image
processing system.

ADPro is late, because  we're finishing adding some new features which we
did not plan  upon when we proposed a September 15th release date. We ex-
pect a release in the near future.

Perry

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry