[comp.sys.amiga] Unix Zoo

Hartupee.Pasa@xerox.com (03/02/90)

I know you've seen this question a thousand times before but.

Where can I get zoo for the Sun 3/60?

Ken

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (03/02/90)

In article <12656@baldrick.udel.EDU> Hartupee.Pasa@xerox.com writes:
> I know you've seen this question a thousand times before but.

Yeah, but why is it in an amiga discussion group?  Try comp.sources.wanted...

> Where can I get zoo for the Sun 3/60?

xanth.cs.odu.edu:/pub/zoo-2.01/
as well as most comp.sources.unix archive sites...
	...tad

Hartupee.Pasa@xerox.com (03/08/90)

>In article <12656@baldrick.udel.EDU> Hartupee.Pasa@xerox.com writes:
>> I know you've seen this question a thousand times before but.

>Yeah, but why is it in an amiga discussion group?  Try
comp.sources.wanted...

>> Where can I get zoo for the Sun 3/60?

>xanth.cs.odu.edu:/pub/zoo-2.01/
>as well as most comp.sources.unix archive sites...
>	...tad

Tad,

At Xerox I don't have a direct connection to the Internet. The only way I
can access it is by mail.
To send mail to comp.sys.amiga i have to send to amiga-relay@louie.udel.edu
and then it only goes to comp.sys.amiga not any of the subgroups like
comp.sys.amiga.hardware or comp.sys.amiga.tech. I wouldn't have a way of
sending to comp.sources.wanted or comp.sources.unix.

The only way I have of getting Amiga software from here is to send a
message to BITFTP@PUCC.BITNET.

>Date: 14 Feb 90 11:49:57 PST (Wednesday)
>From: Hartupee.Pasa
>Subject: xanth CrossDos
>To: BITFTP@PUCC.BITNET
>cc: Hartupee

>FTP  xanth.cs.odu.edu  UUENCODE
>USER  anonymous
>CD  /amiga/demos/
>BINARY
>GET CrossDos305b.zoo
>QUIT

Then I get a uuencoded zoo file.
Now I have to take the file home, uudecode it and unzoo it. Either of which
may not work deppending on what the mail gateways along the way have done
to file file.

I have been borrowing the one and only Unix machine we have here (we all
use Xerox workstations) to uudecode the file to make sure its OK. Now I
have a zoo file but I can't be sure is anygood. And believe me I have
gotten several files that weren't anygood.

Having zoo on the Sun, so I can test the zoo files (and extract the docs to
print on the Xerox laser printers here at work) would make my live a hell
of lot easier.

Have a heart.

Ken

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (03/08/90)

Hartupee.Pasa@Xerox.COM writes:
> To send mail to comp.sys.amiga i have to send to amiga-relay@louie.udel.edu
> and then it only goes to comp.sys.amiga not any of the subgroups like
> comp.sys.amiga.hardware or comp.sys.amiga.tech. I wouldn't have a way of
> sending to comp.sources.wanted or comp.sources.unix.

Actually, you do.

ucbvax.berkeley.edu has aliases established for all the mainstream
group (and maybe more), so <comp-sources-wanted@ucbvax.berkeley.edu>
would work, as would <comp-sys-amiga-tech@uxcbvax.berkeley.edu>.

> I have been borrowing the one and only Unix machine we have here (we all
> use Xerox workstations) to uudecode the file to make sure its OK. Now I
> have a zoo file but I can't be sure is anygood. And believe me I have
> gotten several files that weren't anygood.
>
> Having zoo on the Sun, so I can test the zoo files (and extract the docs to
> print on the Xerox laser printers here at work) would make my live a hell
> of lot easier.
>
> Have a heart.

I don't think I gave the impression that having zoo was a bad thing.
On the contrary, having zoo on a UNIX machine is definitely a Good
Thing(tm).  I also don't think my message was heartless, since it
answered your question even though it was sent to the wrong group.

	...tad

Hartupee.Pasa@xerox.com (03/11/90)

tadguy@cs.odu.edu writes:
>I also don't think my message was heartless, since it
>answered your question even though it was sent to the wrong group.

Your right, I guess I'm being cranky this morning.
And thanks for the info about the ucbvax.berkeley.edu aliases. I had no idea.

Ken

zookeeper@submicron.ll.mit.edu (Operator) (09/21/90)

Please, where is there an ftp-able version of zoo for running on
minis like suns, vaxes, etc., running UNIX (as most usenet nodes do)?
I found one of the usual suspects with an empty directory called unix.zoo!

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (09/21/90)

In article <31104@nigel.ee.udel.edu> zookeeper@submicron.ll.mit.edu (Operator) writes:
> Please, where is there an ftp-able version of zoo for running on
> minis like suns, vaxes, etc., running UNIX (as most usenet nodes do)?
> I found one of the usual suspects with an empty directory called unix.zoo!

Zoo for UNIX appeared in comp.sources.unix.  Check your nearest
archive site (or uunet.uu.net) in comp.sources.unix/volume17/zoo2/ ...

	...tad