[comp.sys.amiga] Help us keep Petra off comp.sys.atari.st

rrd@hpfinote.HP.COM (Ray Depew x2419) (09/14/90)

Re:  another appearance from some jerk codenamed Petra

> From: edb762bbp1@vx24.cc.monash.edu.au
> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 1990 02:06:24 GMT
> Subject: it would be nice

> Hi there poor ST users
>  im back again......
   [ tons of crap deleted, along the linues of "my computer can beat up
	your computer ... "  really mature, useful information, finishing
	with the following: ]
> It is sick when the new ST `Amiga beater' just doesn't perform as well as
> the Amiga. This also admits that the Amiga is a better computer....

>					BYE
>					    PETRA.

I'm cross-posting this to our colleagues in comp.sys.amiga to ask for
their help in shutting this guy up.

Personal computing has come a long way since the days when users had to
assert their manhood by playing "my computer's better than yours."  It's
been several months since anyone in comp.sys.atari.st even played "Ataris
are better than [insert brand name here]", or even "680X0s are better
than 80X86s".  Attempts to start such a discussion in this notesgroup are
generally squelched or ignored, as they are totally useless and a waste
of bandwidth -- and meaningless in today's marketplace.

We prefer to use c.s.a.st as a  forum for exchanging ideas on how to get
more out of our ST's.  Occasionally I even jump into c.s.amiga to see if
there's something that might be useful for my ST  (like DungeonMaster
hints :-)

We don't need this kind of garbage.  It speaks of a third-grade maturity
and a 1970's mentality.  I think we (except for "Petra" -- too cowardly
to use his real name!) are beyond that.  It's a shame to see a computer
as nice as the Amiga wasted on a jerk like this.

Please, "Petra", stay off the net until you can post something more
constructive and meaningful.  And stay off of c.s.atari.st until you buy
one and have something useful to contribute.

Anybody want to add anything?

Regards
Ray Depew
HP Colorado IC Division
rrd@hpfitst1.hp.com

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/22/90)

There is a person who goes by "Petra" on the BBS at mars.ee.msstate.edu
(130.18.64.3) who likes to jump into the AmigaWorld, Sex, BrimStone
(flames) and TeleCom boards. Just thought you might like to know.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP