[comp.sys.amiga] Prolog

dbjag@io.UUCP (David Benjamin) (12/11/87)

Does anybody have any information about PROLOG interpreters for the Amiga?
Do any exist?  Any reviews of those that exist (if any)?
Thanks in advance.
--
    ...!sun!sunne!ileaf!dbjag  |  Dave Benjamin -------------------- Interleaf
  ...!harvard!umb!ileaf!dbjag  |  --------------------------------------------

drd@cec2.wustl.edu (David Reed Donat) (09/19/90)

I am thinking of embarking on a project on the development of interactive
fiction, and I think my task lends itself well to Prolog.  I would love to do
the work at home on my 3000, has anyone ported over Prolog?

As long as I am talking about languages, do the language gurus (oops, bad term
to use on an Amiga group) at Borland make anything for the Amiga?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------  | Dave Donat		       | "I was standing all alone		     |
| Interactive Fiction Buff     |  at the gas station of love		     |
| drd@cec2.wustl.edu	       |  And I have to use the self-service pumps!" |

chow@cup.portal.com (Kevin - Nomura) (09/20/90)

> I am thinking of embarking on a project on the development of interactive
> fiction, and I think my task lends itself well to Prolog.  I would love to do
> the work at home on my 3000, has anyone ported over Prolog?

The port of SBProlog on fish disks 140 and 141 is the only one I know of.
SBProlog is a decent interpreter, if a bit memory-intensive (but I don't
suppose that will be a problem for you :-)

kevin nomura

jmarvin@oracle.oracle.com (John W. Marvin) (09/22/90)

In article <1990Sep18.223143.13496@cec1.wustl.edu> drd@cec2.wustl.edu (David Reed Donat) writes:
>I am thinking of embarking on a project on the development of interactive
>fiction, and I think my task lends itself well to Prolog.  I would love to do
>the work at home on my 3000, has anyone ported over Prolog?

UNH Prolog
Universtiy of New Hampshire
Dept. of Computer Science
I don't have the phone #, but if anyone else does, please
post, I get a lot of requests for it.

>As long as I am talking about languages, do the language gurus (oops, bad term
>to use on an Amiga group) at Borland make anything for the Amiga?

No.  They started a (one-man) port of Turbo Pascal, but the programmer
quit and it died.  Borland still finds the Mac Market too small, so
don't expect any Amiga support for a long time (if ever).

>------------------------------------------------------------------------------  | Dave Donat		       | "I was standing all alone		     |
>| Interactive Fiction Buff     |  at the gas station of love		     |
>| drd@cec2.wustl.edu	       |  And I have to use the self-service pumps!" |
>|			       |        - "Weird Al" Yankovic		     |  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*  Nhoj Nivram                                                    *
*  email: jmarvin@oracle.com                                      *
*  "Reality is a Harsh Mistress..."                               *

jax@well.sf.ca.us (Jack J. Woehr) (09/22/90)

drd@cec2.wustl.edu (David Reed Donat) writes:

>I am thinking of embarking on a project on the development of interactive
>fiction, and I think my task lends itself well to Prolog.  I would love to do
>the work at home on my 3000, has anyone ported over Prolog?

	Another post mentions SBP, great system. Less fancy,
commercial (~$80.00) but very nice is UNH Prolog from
the University of New Hampshire.

 <jax@well.{UUCP,sf.ca.us} ><  Member, >        /// ///\\\    \\\  ///
 <well!jax@lll-winken.arpa >< X3J14 TC >       /// ///  \\\    \\\///
 <JAX on GEnie             >< for ANS  > \\\  /// ///====\\\   ///\\\
 <SYSOP RCFB (303) 278-0364><  Forth   >  \\\/// ///      \\\ ///  \\\