[comp.sys.amiga] A2091

Randy.Coghill@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Randy Coghill) (03/07/90)

Dave I was wondering if you could answer me a question??   If I bought a
2091 controller could I connect my OMTI 3527 SCSI -> ST506 to it and use
my ST506 drive on it?

The reason I am asking is that I presently have a Kronos controller with
the above mentioned OMTI adapter and currently can't use my HD with the
ADSG Dual Serial Board as I get a hard drive lockup whenever I use bothe
the serial card and the HDrive together.  It is a case of either change
controllers (a $300.00 touch) or never being able to use any extra
serial card with my Amy.

Thanks,

Randy

--
Randy Coghill - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: alberta!dvinci!weyr!70!Randy.Coghill

craig@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Craig Matchan) (07/24/90)

I was wondering if any one out there could help me out with a few questions
about the A2091.

Can anyone explain what the optimum values for Mask and MaxTransfer should be
set to for a 2091 with 2 meg of memory.  The 2000hd manual refers you to
"Commodore Amiga Enhancer Software Manual", but when I purchsed the 2091 from
Creative Computers, all I recieved was the 2000HD introduction manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
							Craig
Craig Matchan
Monah University Computer Centre
Caulfield Campus
Melbourne, Victoria
Australia
Email : craig@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au

In article <1990Jul24.112406.27354@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au> craig@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Craig Matchan) writes:

>Can anyone explain what the optimum values for Mask and MaxTransfer should be
>set to for a 2091 with 2 meg of memory.  The 2000hd manual refers you to
>"Commodore Amiga Enhancer Software Manual", but when I purchsed the 2091 from
>Creative Computers, all I recieved was the 2000HD introduction manual.

	Leave them at the defaults given by HDToolBox.  It's designed to give
you reasonable defaults for everything possible.  In this case, mask defaults
to all 24-bit memory, and maxtransfer is set to (if I remember right) 2 meg.

Common phrase heard at Amiga Devcon '89: "It's in there!"

tjhayko@THUNDER.LAKEHEADU.CA (09/24/90)

Where can I get one of these beasts, and how well do they perform
compared to other hard drive controllers?  Please respond by E-mail.

* Tom Hayko                    * only the Amiga      /// *
* tjhayko@thunder.lakeheadu.ca * (if only Commodore ///  *
*                              *   knew that)   \\\///   *

QUIT