[comp.sys.amiga] X-Ray Imaging ...

a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) (09/24/90)

> simonse@silver.ucs.indiana.edu writes:
>
> Hello all!  I am looking for some pointers and info about how it might
> be possible to use the Amy to transfer high quality Radiological
> images from a hospital to an Amy at home.
>
> 1)  What equipment would be necessary and/or useful?
> 2)  Any suggestions on cameras or other technology?
> 3)  What software would be necessary and/or useful?
> 4)  Is there anyone out there who is doing this sort of thing with the
>     Amy?
> 5)  Also, I know that there are some people at Ohio State who are using
>     Amy's for at least teaching purposes in radiology.  Anyone know any
> e-mail
>     addresses?
>
> My father is a radioligist and a company is trying to sell him a
> $11000+ IBM-compatible set-up for this.  So hopefully, with your help,
> it will be possible to get him a cheaper and/or better Amy system.
> Thanks!

Kristine, a couple of years ago I was also interested in radiographs to be
processed and viewed on the Amiga.  At the time, if memory serves, the Amiga
was chosen by (some group at) UCLA -- I think they said it was something like
the best buy for the money.  You might want to check out the
groups/departments/etc. that do brain scan tomography.

Cheers.