[comp.sys.amiga] EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM

vrr@cbnewsj.att.com (veenu.r.rashid) (09/23/90)

Forgive me if this topic has been hashed to death, but I have to know
the answer to a couple questions so I can upgrade from an A2000 to an
A3000 :-)

	1.  How long are the educational discount prices going to
		be in effect?  Is there a definite end date?

	2.  I know college students are eligible for the program.
		How about these other categories:

		a.  High school student
		b.  Part-time college student
		c.  Professional educator, specifically an education
			consultant at a corporate facility

	How many of the above categories would describe people eligible to
buy Commodore systems at discount prices?  Please mail all replies.

Thanks very much,
Ruze

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (09/24/90)

In article <1990Sep22.221110.17766@cbnewsj.att.com> vrr@cbnewsj.att.com (veenu.r.rashid) writes:
>Forgive me if this topic has been hashed to death, but I have to know
>the answer to a couple questions so I can upgrade from an A2000 to an
>A3000 :-)
>
>	1.  How long are the educational discount prices going to
>		be in effect?  Is there a definite end date?

There is NO end date to the Education program, any more than there is to the
one that APPLE and/or IBM have.

>	2.  I know college students are eligible for the program.
>		How about these other categories:
>
>		a.  High school student

Nope

>		b.  Part-time college student

YES, Our definition of student allows anybody certified by their institution
to be making significant progress towards a degree, to be eligible.  We
chose that wording because it is the wording the Veterens' admin uses to
administer Vet benifits, and every school was required to :

Develop their own definition of significant progress, and

a monitoring system.  They had the same need we did, wanting to include all
real students, even those who are part time, but excluding those who just
register for one course to qualify for special benifits.

>		c.  Professional educator, specifically an education
>			consultant at a corporate facility

No.

>	How many of the above categories would describe people eligible to
>buy Commodore systems at discount prices?  Please mail all replies.
>
>Thanks very much,
>Ruze

No Problem.
--

Howard S. Diamond  Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive West Chester, Pa, 19380