[comp.sys.amiga] AMAX-II/Mac compatibility?

U3364521@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Lou Cavallo) (09/18/90)

G'day,

DB> In article <1990Sep12.230506.11036@ccs.carleton.ca>, dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca
DB> (Dave Buck) writes:

>>> In article <1990Sep12.172444.25136@ee.rochester.edu> tombs@ee.rochester.edu
>>> writes:

>>>  I get the feeling that most standard Mac software runs without any
>>> glitches (?) with AMAX-II but if anyone disagrees let me know.  I'm
>>> particularly interested in running the following programs: MS Word,
>>> Cricket Graph, KaleidaGraph, and MacDraw II.

DB> I've tried MS Word and MacDraw II. Both run fine under AMax. Sorry, but I
DB> haven't tried the others.  I've seen very few programs which don't work,
DB> actually.

I'd be interested in knowing what you have seen that did fail.
Thanks in advance.

DB> David Buck
DB> dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca

PS to all and sundry: will AMAX II be able to support Mac system 7 software?

yours truly,
Lou Cavallo.

has any one else had trouble using Mac terminal programs on Amax?

Using two different term programs (freeware but I forget the names right now,
I think one is Zterm, but they both have the same problem so it's probably
AMAX, or my system, not the programs) I have come across a wierd problem:

Using Zmodem to download several files in a row, after a few files come thru
unscathed, we start having problems with Zmodem bombing out. We were downloading
from a 2000 with Amax II, using a USRobotics HST (tried 19200, 9600, 2400 and
1200 BPS, same result) connected to a 486 Unix box that was running sz. We
made a unix script file that basically did this:
sz file 1
sz file 2
sz file 3

and so on for dozens of files. The Mac term programs automatically picked up the
file name and began recieving. This worked for about 10 files, then bombed.
So we tried again, same files, starting over. We got around 7 files. Again. 8
files. and so on. We tried different baud rates, different handshaking, etc.
Always the same, it would bomb after some arbitrary number of files. going
back to the Amiga, we tried some standard Amiga term programs and it worked
fine, so we know its not the unix machine.

So now we are trying to find out if it's a problem with our setup, or with
Amax II.

[Set up is amiga 2000, 2091 SCSI controller, 3 megs ram, new agnus chip,
HST modem]

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,