[comp.sys.amiga] Disk submissions

fnf@riscokid.UUCP (Fred Fish) (09/25/90)

In article <13217@wehi.dn.mu.oz> BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz writes:
>Fred,
>Sorry to post publicly, but I have terrible troubles trying to send you mail.
>Did you ever receive the latest Multiplot for inclusion in your library?
>If not, I can resend. Sorry if youy have just been to busy to get around
>to it.

Seems like the trouble is bidirectional, this system doesn't seem to
be able to reply to you either.  But the info here is probably of general
interest, thus the post.

Mail into and out of fishpond has been somewhat erratic of late due
to minor problems in fishpond's mail system and my unfamiliarity with
SVR4.  Hopefully the situation will improve again shortly.

The prefered method of submission of material for the library is
on disk.  The chances of something interesting, that follows my
published guidelines for submission, being included on a future disk
is probably well over 50%.  Sending it electronically, assuming it
even gets to me, reduces the chances to probably somewhere less than
10%, unless it is REALLY interesting.

A month or two ago an 80Mb partition on my disk that was holding stuff
sent to me electronically, that I had not had time to sift through,
got accidentally blown away during a disk reorganization.  Although I
probably have most of it on tape somethere, I haven't bothered to try
reloading it since I have several boxes of disk based submissions to
sift through first.

-Fred