[comp.sys.amiga] green screen

koehler@secs.ucsc.edu (NAME) (09/05/90)

I just bought an a500 (used).  Upon starting it I get a dead green screen.
The seller warned me this might happen and mentioned something about the chip Fat Agnus (?)- unfortunatley I did not get to talk with him in detail and he is now out of town.  I think I saw some posting about this problem a few months ago but since I had no real interest at the time I didnt pay much attention.
Can anyone give me advice regarding the cause, significance, and cure of such a problem -particularly what can be done to avoid it.
Thanks, Ryan

rabbits@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (66314000) (09/05/90)

yes, for that matter does anyone know all the colors mean ??

thnx
me

In article <0093C387.11480400@secs.ucsc.edu> koehler@secs.ucsc.edu (NAME) writes:
>I just bought an a500 (used).  Upon starting it I get a dead green screen.
.
.

ill@uni-paderborn.de (Markus Illenseer) (09/25/90)

rabbits@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (66314000) writes:

>yes, for that matter does anyone know all the colors mean ??

>thnx
>me

>In article <0093C387.11480400@secs.ucsc.edu> koehler@secs.ucsc.edu (NAME) writes:
>>I just bought an a500 (used).  Upon starting it I get a dead green screen.
>.
>.
Not long ago Dave Haynie wrote to this problem. So search for all articles of
Dave, if possible. Otherwise anybody out there could send it, because I printed
it out and deleted the file. Sorry boys. BTW, green is not good....
CU, Markus