[comp.sys.amiga] HBAUG questions

802360644%RUMAC@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) (08/24/90)

Hi:

I'm Angel Asencio treasurer of HBAUG, and here are some questions of
our members:

A) Some time ago, Commodore wasn't shipping AmigaVision with the ED offer,
and that with the registration card, Commodore would send AV later;

How long this will take?
Since when this offer applies?

B) Could someone please e-mail me the most recent Educational Discount
price list?

C) Any recomendation about how to use the Janus Libraries of the
Brideboard? (Books, hints, new ones, anything...)

Please, send e-mail directly to me, I'm not receiving CSA yet.

                                       Angel//
                                          \X/

   //  Hard Bytes                University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
 \X/   Amiga User Group          802360644%rumac@upr1.upr.clu.edu
  ******* Did you eat your Apple? Is your machine STuck?  *******
  ***//**  Or your Inferior Broken Machine doesn't work?  ***//**
  *\X/***   @ @         WE HAVE THE CURE           @ @    *\X/***
  *******  \___/   Get an Amiga, it's the best!   \___/   *******

A_ASENCIO@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) (09/21/90)

Hi everyone:

Here are some question from HBAUG members:

A) I can control the Bridgeboard from an Amiga Program?
Like make some calculations in the bridge and continue performing in the
Amiga.

B) Many has asked this, I'll try to resume;
   i) Max resolution of the Bridgeboard (XT and/or AT)?
   ii) Can reach EGA and VGA?
   iii) Can use 3 1/2 disks (DD or HD)?
   iv) Clock speeds (MHz)?
   v) Max resolution of Amax - II?
   vi) Clock speed (MHz)?

C) Any recomdation on books to learn Amiga ASM?

Angel Asencio//
           \X/ Treasurer - HBAUG

   //  Hard Bytes                University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez
 \X/   Amiga User Group          A_ASENCIO@upr1.upr.clu.edu

In article <31183@nigel.ee.udel.edu> A_ASENCIO@upr1.upr.cun.edu (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) writes:

>A) I can control the Bridgeboard from an Amiga Program?
>Like make some calculations in the bridge and continue performing in the
>Amiga.

Yes, there is the Janus library with communications functions for
both the Amiga and PC side of the thing. Docs and SW should be
available through CATS.

jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) (09/25/90)

On a similar note, is anyone out there aware of pricing on the 2088T
Bridgeboard and it's compatibility with 2.0/the 3000?

As a last question, has anyone out there with a 3000/2.0 had any problems
with crtheir system crashing after moving around windows?  This has happened
to me quite often.  I have no background programs running, and every once in a
while, I will move a window, and the area under where the window used to be
will not be redrawn.  I moved the window again, with the same results, and the
computer crashed...

--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "Hey, baby - wanna do some HEAT TRANSFER?           |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  Heh, heh, heh!"                                    |